*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992133-Circus-and-Dreams
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#992133 added September 2, 2020 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
Circus and Dreams
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: What was the best party you ever had or attended?

---

Where we lived once, close to our house, there was a very large open field with a creek running by the side of it. It wasn’t a park, but the field was for public use. It housed fairs, community picnics, or temporary markets. This place has been the setting for the best parties I attended.

One day, a circus came to town to stay a week, and a whole group of us, I think we were ten to twelve noisy teens, made a party out of it. We went to the circus as a group, and we were enjoying ourselves so much that the clowns began to address us and the riders made their horses kneel before us. After the show, someone approached to invite us to the back of the large tent and showed us the animals and the workers’ cramped living spaces in tiny tents or on wheels. It was an amazing experience. Of course, this was way back when, before the laws “for security” messed up people’s lives.

The next day, my grandmother made a whole lot of pastries and I and my five friends carried them to the circus to thank the people who were so nice to us. They said, we could always join them.

To this day, I wonder why I didn’t join that circus. But then, maybe I did in some way. Isn’t this entire life a circus?


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From celiasgirl ’s "Invalid Item
"What would life be like without beautiful dreams?"
What would it be like?


-----

I call dreams brain-stories. Yet, some claim they are more than that. They claim we travel to places and events, leaving our bodies behind. Others attach them to the machinations of heavenly beings.

One thing is for sure. They are linked to our emotions and our inner worlds. Sometimes, emotionally traumatic memories are rehearsed and then new kind of reality or a simulation of it is created, resembling some kind of a psychological therapy.

No matter what causes dreams, the beautiful ones fulfill our wishes and cleanse us from the results of fearful experiences. If these beautiful dreams didn’t exist, we would probably enjoy a deeper sleep and would be well rested; however, we would, then, have to resolve everything in real life, which could present unsavory consequences, as if there isn’t enough strife in the world, already.

As for my beautiful dreams, I like them when they are like stories with a plot, a beginning and an ending. Most of my dreams, on the other hand, present themselves in fragments. Another thing I noticed is that during my most troubled times, I don’t recall my dreams at all. This is an anomaly because most of the time, I dream five or six dreams a night and I can recall them upon the moment I awaken, although they evaporate later on, just like anything beautiful with a short life.



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992133-Circus-and-Dreams