*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992426-MATHE-SHAKTI
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#992426 added September 5, 2020 at 7:47am
Restrictions: None
MA…THE SHAKTI
Her lungs screamed for air, her heart almost burst open. Durga ran nonstop into the jungle holding onto 7 month Babu in a desperate attempt to flee from her tormentors in the village. They stalked her mercilessly every single minute like a hunted prey especially after Ratan (her husbands) death. Lechers and scavengers but powerful men. Durga ran for her life, for Babu, her son, Ratan’s son.

The sun started to set. She could run no further. Thirsty and hungry she collapsed on the ground. Her feet, a mangled mass of flesh and blood as the thorns along the jungle trail tore open her flesh. She had used up the last ounce of energy, She needed energy. Babu was hungry she needed to feed him. Durga put Babu down and started looking for something to eat. Maybe fruits…or..berries. She needed to survive, for Babu. Maybe the jungle would take pity on her and give her something to eat. Her feet hurt as rivulets of blood from her mangled leg started to drop on the ground.

She had picked up the scent of blood. Blood meant a prey was close, food was nearby. She was starving . She needed to eat for her baby. She had been running the whole day and she was totally exhausted. She left her baby in a small hollow of a tree and set out on the scent of food.

In the eerie stillness of the night punctuated by noisy chirping of crickets and occasional croaking of frogs, their eyes met. The hunter…the hunted. Durga glared into the two dark green eyes shinning through the darkness of the forest. She bared her fangs, her baby was in danger. She was going to fight to death, Babu!! thought Durga as she picked up a branch of a tree and trimmed it to a sharp point with her bare teeth. She knew if she lunged properly she would be able to achieve the kill. The forest became deathly quiet as the two gauged each other in quick attack manoeuvres. Both exhausted from the ordeal of the day made desperate attempts to kill. Blood flowed freely from deep gashes sustained during their frenzied attacks but eye contact remained unbroken.

The night was wearing out. Time for the kill. The baby’s life was at stake. Both leapt at each other. Stillness of the forest was shattered with screams, shrieks, wails and snarls. As the first rays of the sun entered the forest, both lay exhausted, bleeding profusely. Mustering the last shreds of energy Durga picked up Babu while Mother Wolf picked up her cub and ran off towards the edge of jungle.

Durga reached the river’s edge, put Babu down and stooped for a drink of water. Their eyes met once again as the mother wolf on the other bank also stooped for a drink. Both mothers exchanged glances of admiration and mutual respect as they quenched their thirst in the calm waters flowing between them.....

© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992426-MATHE-SHAKTI