*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992995-Bridge-Over-Troubled-Water-1982-Simon--Garfunkel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Music · #2231732
A very long serial novel running from 1974 to 1987, plus sequel and prequel.
#992995 added September 10, 2020 at 7:53pm
Restrictions: None
Bridge Over Troubled Water (1982) Simon & Garfunkel


Bridge Over Troubled Water (1982: live concert album version), Written by Paul Simon, Performed by Simon & Garfunkel at The Concert for the Park, NY (live)



"When you're weary, feeling small, when tears are in your eyes, I'll dry them all..."

Susie loves "easy listening" music along with her rock. Simon & Garfunkel are on that list. In later years of the saga, she finds herself lost and floundering, unsure about everything she's done, every choice she's made over the years. Other than taking care of her kids, she shuts down for some time, spending a lot of time just sitting and staring out the window while her friends try everything to help.

Her anchor, even though she's somewhat deserted him, remains tied to her enough to keep her afloat and together, even from fathoms away.

He finds his own anchor, while floundering trying to help her and feeling like he's not getting anywhere, in his group of band mates, his friends. Raucous is far more than a band by this point. They are family. Close-knit family. Unbreakable.

Maybe.


---------
Entry #9 for
FORUM
Barrel of Monkeys  (E)
An annual interlinked musical blogging challenge! Starts every September 1st.
#1987725 by Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk

© Copyright 2020 Voxxylady (UN: voxxylady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Voxxylady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992995-Bridge-Over-Troubled-Water-1982-Simon--Garfunkel