*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993412-Science-and-Society-and-People-Easy-to-Talk-to
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#993412 added September 15, 2020 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
Science and Society and People Easy to Talk to
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Prompt: Isaac Asimov says, “The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.”
Is Asimov right? Is society falling behind? What do you think?

----

Yes, I do think Asimov is right. Even my kids and others much younger than me complain about having to do anything online, like pay bills, find information, relate to people or to use new electronic gadgets and things. They often express the wish that things returned to the “good old days.” They just don’t know how deprived some of us felt in the “good old days” and how much time it took to do one simple task like driving to a bank to send money to someone.

I guess it is in human nature to not be content with the status quo. This discontentment makes us look for different avenues and even revert back to the older ways of doing things. This discontentment can also be a way of projecting our failings on science. I think this is mainly the reason that makes society fall behind science.

Plus, not everything science comes up with is correct either. We still suffer in the hands of natural disasters, some of which we can’t predict or avert long before they happen. Then, take the computerized answering of the phones, my pet peeve, which all companies use or rather disuse. This just makes our lives miserable, even if it may save a company from paying more workers to answer their phones. These companies don’t realize while they are profiting by it at the moment, they are wasting their clients’ time and making them frustrated enough to change with whom they do business.

Still, I respect and appreciate science, primarily the kind that came with the electronic revolution. I only wish I had the background and the mind to grasp it fully, at least much better than I do now. I think, only through the findings of science, our species can survive and progress. So, what if, along the way, there would be some glitches!



*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Brandiwyn🎶 ’s "It's So Easy
"It's so easy to talk to you
It's so easy to share everything with you"
Besides a spouse, do you have anybody in your life who is easy to talk to?

---

Yes, I can talk quite easily to some people, especially to my cousins, and specifically one of them, who has been more than a best friend to me throughout my life. Although she lives overseas, there’s always the phone and other ways of communication.

I used to have several friends who were very easy to talk to, but most of them live far away, but with a few of them, we have grown in different directions. Being oldies like me, some of them do not care for electronic communications of any sort, which has also added to the distances among us.

© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993412-Science-and-Society-and-People-Easy-to-Talk-to