*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993491-Books-and-Robin-Williams
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#993491 added September 16, 2020 at 11:09am
Restrictions: None
Books and Robin Williams
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Prompt: What life lessons have books taught you?

---

Just about everything I know. I learned to read before I turned four, and ever since I was never without a book.

To begin with, I was an only over-protected child in an adult-filled home. Books became my companions. They gave me a greater understanding of myself and other people. They unveiled parts of life I might not have understood otherwise, such as understanding the lives and feelings of others. Then, the more I read the more curious I became. Even to the point of thievery, that is borrowing books I wasn’t allowed to read and reading them under the tables and beds and behind the couches.

Most of my lessons came from just reading, and although a few specific books impressed me immensely. Nonfiction or fiction, books gave me my view of the world and, I believe, they encouraged me to think for myself. To this day, they are my biggest companions that provide the best consolation when I need it.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From I might be here, now. ’s "To Robin Williams
How did you feel about Robin Williams?


----

I first came to know Robin Williams in Mark and Mindy, a show I didn’t care for much, except for the novelty he brought to it. Then came (for me) Dead Poets Society and his other movies. Plus, any show on TV perked up if Robin Williams was in it.

I didn’t know Robin Williams personally. So, I can’t say for sure what he was really like. I knew him as a great actor, an A+ comedian, and a human being who probably couldn’t cope with life at the end. I think this may happen when you give so much of yourself to others, very little or nothing is left for you, and especially if you have a brain disease, handling even another day becomes a huge task.

At the end, Robin Williams was a big actor on the world’s stage, and his exit was just as dramatic, which left us with broken hearts.



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993491-Books-and-Robin-Williams