*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993905-SILENT-UNIVERSE
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#993905 added September 22, 2020 at 2:10am
Restrictions: None
SILENT UNIVERSE

DOES UNIVERSE HAVE A SOUND ?

Everyday as the first light of dawn strikes the earth, the world comes alive with chirping of birds, humming of bees and the cacophony of human voices.

As the day progresses the sound keeps increasing with factories and workplaces buzzing with activity. The vehicles on the road add to the din. There is a constant noise of some form or the other in the environment. Even in places devoid of human settlement there is sound though much more subtle like the sound of the wind or dust storm or of the waves of the sea.

As the night closes in and sunlight fades away a strange silence descends almost as if the world has lost its voice. By mid night there is a deathly quiet. An eeriness and a strange calm without sound.

So the earth has a sound. It has an audible decibel limit which rises and fades in a rythmic tempo day after day.

And I wonder ... does the universe also have a sound ? Millions and millions of solar systems, billions of galaxies and zillions of planets, suns and satellite all rotating and revolving around each other. How much sound would that create? It would be defeaning. But is there sound ? Does the universe have a voice or is it a figment of my imagination? If there is sound why can I not hear it ? Am I too focussed on the sounds around me that I can’t hear the Universe or Does the Universe have no sound at all ?

Is it just cold, dark and silent space across billions of cosmic miles ? Or is there a cacophony, a deafening noise of turning and churning of unimaginable huge chunks of rocks, minerals and gases reverberating through the universe. How come don’t we hear it ?

Is it all silent there ? Has the Universe no sound at all ? .... Is it a SILENT UNIVERSE ?

© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993905-SILENT-UNIVERSE