*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994243-Seasonal
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#994243 added September 26, 2020 at 10:07am
Restrictions: None
Seasonal
It’s apple-picking season where I live and I’m so excited! Write about your favorite seasonal activities. What is something that only comes once a year, but you always look forward to?

owl for signature use *Construction*


I always look forward to the seasons for sweet corn, apples, strawberries, cherries, and just fresh produce of lots of different kinds.

I like haying season. I watch the fields grow green and the timothy, orchard grass mix grow up from my window by the computer. As the grasses grow taller it blots out whatever is beyond the field, including forest and wildlife.

Then the field gets cut. The haybine leaves long rows of curing grass laid out on the field. After the proper amount of time curing, the rake rolls the hay up into long continuous rows of grass like cream rolls without the cream. The baler rolls along picking up the long rows-smash, smash,kersmash-then cuts the twine on the bales, kerchunk. It has a specific rhythm that tells you how long the bales are going to be. As the baler moves along the field becomes mowed green grass.

The deer come out in the evening to graze. A flock of wild Turkeys come out of the woods in a single file. They stretch themselves down one side of the field then sweep across the field eating insects and grasses as they go. Now that the field is down I can see the woods. Wild apple trees along the edge of the field are visible.

The smell of fresh hay in the storage barns is delicious. When crops are finished and stored for winter there is a feeling of accomplishment. It's also a sign that winter will be soon upon us. My dad taught me to pull a long piece of orchard grass from the stem and eat the moist part at the bottom. It is delicious like eating cucumber.

Found this poem on the internet. I did not know if I should copy it but it is very accurate so here is a link https://www.scrapbook.com/poems/doc/34607.html

I looked haying poems on Google was surprised about how many there are. The leaves are just beginning to turn on a few trees. One more week and there will be a big change.

Winter is on its' way. *TulipR*











© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994243-Seasonal