*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994255-About-the--USA-and-the-American-Soldier
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#994255 added September 26, 2020 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
About the USA and the American Soldier
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Prompt by Lyn: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/i-feel-sorry-for-americans-a-baffled-world-...
“I feel sorry for Americans,” said U Myint Oo, a member of parliament in Myanmar. “But we can’t help the U.S. because we are a very small country.”
The same sentiment prevails in Canada, one of the most developed countries. Two out of three Canadians live within about 60 miles of the American border.
“Personally, it’s like watching the decline of the Roman Empire,” said Mike Bradley, the mayor of Sarnia, an industrial city on the border with Michigan, where locals used to venture for lunch.: New York Times

What are your thoughts?


---

You can bring together all the small and large dogs in the world and have them bark at the ocean. Ocean is ocean. It will not change its color, get dirty, or diminish in any way for all their barking in the world.

Frankly speaking, I feel sorry for those dogs for not taking care of their own poops and barking at us.

I was born during the World War II. Ever since my childhood, I heard the cries of “That ugly American!” from several corners of the world. Well, we might not win their beauty contests, but did their cries change us? No, we the ugly Americans, as they call us, have rushed to heal the world when there was a wound that we could heal.

If anything, I believe in the greatness of this nation. I also believe, due to this greatness, we can smooth out the little glitches that show up here and there.

The only big threat I see is the dirty money coming in from the outside forces to undo what’s good and God-given here. That, regardless of one’s pessimism or party affiliation, should be the threat to bind us together, so we can work for our unity and for the betterment of the entire world.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*



For: "Space Blog

Prompt by Megan: From Monty ’s "AMERICAN SOLDIER.
“He is the American soldier and will forever stand
For the red, white and blue,
The American flag of his homeland.”

-----

The USA’s military presence has been one a few can dare to challenge. This might has nothing to do with having billions in our defense funds. Rather it has to do with the American Soldier’s heart and spirit, plus good will, upbringing, and superb training.

The American flag is a symbol of our freedom. When the soldier salutes the flag, he salutes that freedom and the nation it represents.

Freedom has a special charm but it also needs the authority of use. In some other places, nations fall into decadence and licentiousness and force their citizens and the smaller nations around them sink into oppression. The American soldier safeguards this nation from such a dreadful extreme. That is why “the American soldier will forever stand for the red, white and blue.”

© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994255-About-the--USA-and-the-American-Soldier