*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994261-Feeling-Sorry-for-America
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#994261 added September 26, 2020 at 4:39pm
Restrictions: None
Feeling Sorry for America
Jalal (Glory), 1 Mashiyyat (Will) 177 B.E. - Saturday, September 26, 2020

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2246: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/i-feel-sorry-for-americans-a-baffled-world-...
“I feel sorry for Americans,” said U Myint Oo, a member of parliament in Myanmar. “But we can’t help the U.S. because we are a very small country.”

The same sentiment prevails in Canada, one of the most developed countries. Two out of three Canadians live within about 60 miles of the American border.

“Personally, it’s like watching the decline of the Roman Empire,” said Mike Bradley, the mayor of Sarnia, an industrial city on the border with Michigan, where locals used to venture for lunch.: New York Times

What are your thoughts?

At present, America is a nation divided against itself and the world. In an interconnected world, where a small and invisible virus can spread quickly from nation to nation, isolationism--with its America first mask--can only harm the country's citizen, businesses, and government policies. For generations America has been cursed with institutionalized racism and policies that encourage white privilege and power. The policies the country has lived with and encouraged, has caused part of our citizens to live in poverty and require government assistance through no fault of their own. People accepting food stamps and assistance from the government want to work and earn their own living; they are held back by institutions that look at their color, gender, or some other attribute and judge them as less worthy or incapable of performing the job.


I feel sorry for America, because no matter who wins the upcoming election, or how easy the transition, nothing will change until the injustice of present and past policies are changed. Nothing will change until the majority of American and their elected officials completely accept that humanity is a single race. Nothing will change until we have policies in place that encourage justice for all citizen not matter what their color, gender, gender preference, national origin, religious affiliation, or political affiliation.


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994261-Feeling-Sorry-for-America