*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994346-Pain
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#994346 added September 27, 2020 at 7:14am
Restrictions: None
Pain

If you don’t want to look at the pain that’s fine; then look at the mind. You must start looking at the mind the moment that the pain begins, not when it’s already very strong, because then it’ll be too difficult to be able to watch the mind.

Watch the mind, the way it reacts, the way it feels, the way it speaks to you. Then you’ll find that the pain disappears. (This also works with likes and dislikes).

To be able to look in the mind you have to be more skillful, because it is not as easy as looking at the pain, which is very obvious.

If you look in the mind and you still see the pain, change and look at the discomfort of the situation.

There are many different levels of discomfort that you can look at, there. Just choose one. With pain the most important thing is to relax, clear the mind, do not allow agitation to reach high levels.

If you choose to watch the painful sensation, then just relax into it.
Don’t use the word ‘pain’ for noting it. It will only make things worse. Don’t think ‘this is pain’, you don’t even think at all.

You are just with it relaxing into it.

You might have realized by now that ‘pain’ or any other
sensation is not ‘Yours’, does not in any way belong to you. It is only sensation, just sensation going its own way. You don’t think about ‘You’. If you practice this way you will find it is not that difficult either.


© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994346-Pain