*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994460-Backpacking
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#994460 added September 28, 2020 at 10:45am
Restrictions: None
Backpacking
If you were forced to eliminate every physical possession from your life with the exception of what could fit into a single backpack, what would you put in it?


owl for signature use *BackpackBr*


Why? I need to know where and why. I have gone over this in my mind before. House fire is one reason. Watching media coverage of California burning is another. Eviction because of monetary entrenchment can be another. Extraction for any reason.

So. Just the backpack. Kindles, solar charger, USB wires for charging, cell phone. Dog food,cat food, parrot food and dog dish. If it is extraction, Parrots and cats get loaded into kennels. Dog goes with me on a leash. clean underwear especially socks. At least one change of clothing. A journal and pens. Human snacks and cans of food. Could be tuna, salmon, gravy, beans. I'm assuming military backpack with lots of places to hang things. bottled water, blankets, shampoo,a couple bars of Kirk's soap, tooth paste and brush. Maybe throw in some herbs and coconut oil. Olive oil and pan for cooking and heating water.A cup and some bags of loose tea. Hooded sweatshirt and a couple t-shirts. Depending on whatever circumstance I should try to take my dogs blanket. He really is attached to it.

Rechargeable flashlights rechargeable radio, lately I wished I had bought a laptop because they are portable. I would tie on a sleeping bag if I had one but, I don't. a small tent if I had one but I don't. Also wish I had harnesses for the cats. But, I don't.

I have a small pillow that came with my dog that is the neatest pillow. {It's two washcloths sewn together stuffed with a piece of foam. Washes great, holds it's form, and is just enough comfort in an emergency. It would pack easy too.)Probably my revolver. Of course my ID and important papers, bible, and flip dictionary as books. Any other book I need would be on my kindle. Books are heavy to transport but these two are necessary.

See where I am going is important because if I'm never coming back or moving to another place or running away I might take more or try for less? I really can't travel lightly any more, so hope I don't have to walk very many miles to get where I'm going. I'm kind of concerned about what I leave behind for others to find. Might need a bonfire before I go.

We camped as a family a couple different years. I made up packages of pancake mix, oatmeal mix for breakfast to take. Quick and easy to make.Packed well in plastic sandwich bags for travel. Mix with water cook over an open fire, eat.

There use to be a tent city in a county near here. It was homeless people who had aided each other and set up this place where they all had a tent and helped each other with meals and needs. The county government ran them off. It made me angry and disturbed. Media did a story on them. They had pets and children with them. Just up and disappeared tents kids, pets, and all one night. Someone said they went south for warmer weather.

Just read an article about President Trump's fight with Montana ranchers over access roads to public lands. Really I guess the fight is with the forest service. Guess we won't go there.

OK. If this was real I might revise it some. So, just need to know where and why?

Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

I would travel to the ends of the earth with you. It was a very enjoyable blogging experience. Thank you for participating. *^*Heart*^* Lyn *Earth*






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994460-Backpacking