*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994844-October-2-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#994844 added October 2, 2020 at 9:56am
Restrictions: None
October 2, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Created by the talented A. E. Willcox at Flights of Fantasy Image ShoppeImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small


Prompt: I was cruising the universe with Chewbecca and found this planet:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2230954 by Not Available.


Write about nature, stars and fireflies in your Blog entry today.

I haven't seen any fireflies this year. I am always asleep before they came out. I also haven't seen the stars since early spring because again I am asleep before they come out. The haze also makes it hard to stargaze during the summer.

God put the commandment "Thou shalt not use the name of the Lord your God in vain" as the second commandment. Why do you think He made this the second commandment as opposed to the tenth? Is it more important?

This is actually a theological question. The second commandment was placed second because it is part of the commandment to love the Lord your God with all your heart all your soul all your mind and all your strength. When Jesus was asked "What is the greatest commandment?", He responded with the statement that love is the greatest commandment. The ordering of the Ten Commandments reflects Jesus's response to the Pharisees by placing love for God at the front of the list. However, Jesus also said that the second greatest commandment was equal to it. We are to love our neighbor as much as we love our own life. Most people want to live and therefore do love their lives, whether they admit it to themselves or not.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Today is world smile day, so let this quote inspire your blog entry: “Always find opportunities to make someone smile, and to offer random acts of kindness in everyday life.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart"

I try to make people feel better all the time. That is my job as a chaplain. I have a ministry of presence. Often, I do not have to say a thing. Just being there is all the person needs. Smiling is something I want to see everybody doing.

Blog City image small Prompt: "What was your favorite fall activity as a child? Why? Do you still do it today?"

I wasn't really a child when I did it, but my favorite fall activity in my youth was hunting. My family depended on the wild game as much as we did any other meat. I enjoyed going out and tramping through the woods though I was not the best at it. I particularly liked hunting deer. I am too old to do so now and I have heart disease.



Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994844-October-2-2020