*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995781-Contest-and-COVID
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#995781 added October 13, 2020 at 10:44am
Restrictions: None
Contest and COVID
What a busy time for all of us here at WDC. I had the pleasure of judging Round 1 of the contest for the OctoPrep. There were some great entries so it was hard to choose a winner, but a winner must be declared. Better luck next time all you scribes. And rather than bemoan your loss, write an entry that will win! *TrophyG*

The wind has been blowing like mad lately. *Wind* And usually here in my neck of the way out yonder woods, that means a storm or change in the weather. We pray for rain *Rain* or snow *Snow2* . I don't remember the last time it rained here. So very dry.....

What else is new? Well I have some SE Montana tourism goodies to hand out to people. So yesterday I wandered about parceling out neck gaiters you can use as masks, stickers for your car or whatever, and posters. I went to a motel in town and got out of the car, goodies in hand. The wind was howling, pushed me a bit and grabbed that poster out of my hand, threw it down the sidewalk and into a tree. I stood there and watched it fly. I didn't have another in the car. Annoyed, I almost didn't go into the motel office, but decided, what the H, I'll get another tomorrow and bring it to her. So as I spoke to the owner, she had a good laugh with me about the wind, we discussed the virus and her challenges now. Sanitizing rooms and laundry, letting rooms sit a day, then trying to rent rooms during this pandemic. She does have traffic with hunters now. There are three motels in town, and all three are pretty busy now with hunting starting up. I thought, 'Get one for me, the little buggers.'

I'm almost to week one with my ordered five hours of sleep each night. Mercy sakes. It is hard by 1 AM to keep my eyes open. I try everything, walk about, stand up, do anything to keep from falling asleep before 2 AM. Then tomorrow I can add 15 minutes. I do this routine for awhile. It is to retrain my brain to realize I do actually sleep at night, like the sleep study showed, but my subconscious tells me I didn't. But I gotta tell you, this is tough. *Sleeping*

Stay safe my friends. Musselshell County where I live has only 10 known cases of Covid-19, but in Yellowstone County, an hour south, there are almost 1,500. Our hospital is considered a 'clean' hospital. No cases of the virus are allowed in that facility. If you become sick enough to be in hospital, you are shipped out of the county. And conversely, if you are in another county, are not sick with the virus and they need your bed for a virus patient, you may get sent to our hospital. What a curious way to run things......... But then, when has common sense ever made sense?





Queen Norma Jean *Crown* presents a gift to you!

Because you may need a guard dog today



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995781-Contest-and-COVID