*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996229-October-19-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#996229 added October 19, 2020 at 8:20am
Restrictions: None
October 19, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Last week we studied commandment 5 Honor your father and mother.

Just an image Now I want to ask "What was the significance of the promise "You will live long in the land" associated with Commandment Five? How is it relevant today?

When we look at this passage we have to practice the science and art of hermeneutics. We have to read the context of the passage. What is going on? Who is the speaker talking to? Etc. The proper hermeneutic for this passage is that the writer was speaking to the whole nation of Israel. Therefore when he says that they are to honor their mother and father, he is talking about taking care to listen to the wisdom of the older generations. The older generations have already made all the stupid mistakes we are about to make. They know the outcome and can direct us onto the right path.

"Honor father and mother, that you might live long in the land" was a warning to Israel. Moses was telling Israel that God had certain expectations and that not carrying out those expectations would have consequences. The context supports this believe. Just a little later in this same book and perhaps even in the same sermon, Moses gives Israel a list of curses that will befall them if they fail to keep the commands. These curses include death and exile, both of which would remove them from the land.

For my blog Today, while on a rest period, we were directed to explore the star

We found multiple planets and landed on
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1985554 by Not Available.


which brought me to ask "What is your favorite season and why is it your favorite?

My favorite season has typically been summer because everything is alive and vibrant. I am beginning to turn to liking spring the best because it is cooler and summer follows it. However, if I were to pick a month that I would like to be stuck in forever it would likely be October or May. Either one would be fine with me. By May the trees are green and I love green. Nest to royal blue, green is my favorite color. I prefer a tree with a full set of leaves.

While you are there review this poem. Affiliate your reviews!

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Use these words in your entry: despair, computer, and dog."

In despair, the dog chewed up my homework as the computer printed it out. Somehow though, my professor isn't buying that. I guess I better not try it huh?

Blog City image small "Prompt: In the book, The Berlin Candy Bomber by Gail S. Halverson, a pilot threw down lots of candy parachuted by handkerchiefs to the children of Berlin, during the siege of the city by the Russians at the end of World War II.
What are your thoughts on small but kind acts like this? Do they have the potential of bringing about World Peace?"

I think acts of kindness like this can have an impact, especially when the world around you makes absolutely no sense. The children were innocent bystanders in an adult world of madness through wars. Children deserve candy and the chance to live peaceful lives.


Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996229-October-19-2020