*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996342-Sacrifice-and-Martydom
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#996342 added October 20, 2020 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
Sacrifice and Martydom

owl for signature use


Take Up Your Cross: October 20, 2020

Beyond being a martyr, what might it look like to live a sacrificial life?




Living a sacrificial life can occur on many different levels. I personally know of women who are Christians and still live with their husbands who are not Christians. It can be the sacrifice of everyday existence of day to day living. Just doing daily tasks. Something no one but Christ would notice.

Sacrificial living may be leaving something out of your life that would benefit you in one way, so your family can benefit in another way. Especially now during pandemic when people are being caused to stay at home, wear masks (a big controversy), give up a lot of fun gatherings.

Thinking of the churches that had to close. Someone I know told me back in January of 2020 that churches were being deliberately caused to close. One particular church was being taken over by people who were running businesses that were known for unethical practices. Christians left the church. Acts 16:16 starting here as far as you want to read. Interference with lucrative business practices in the name of Jesus can mean a loss of work or social standing.

This is an interesting question because presently there is controversy going on inside the USA government about what laws affect the separation of church and state. Christianity Today ran an article about whether the US Government actually persecutes Christians. Since I do not have a subscription to this magazine I could not read the entire article so I did not attempt to link it. However, the part I read made good points .

https://:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_martyr In this link is stated the difference between Confessor and Martyr. Both are witnesses to the truth but, one will give up their life. The other may suffer deprivation or violence without dying. One of the most devastating ways to cause a Christian to suffer is to ruin their reputation with gossip and innuendo.

When reading the next link remember that a decade is ten years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/christians-killed-martyred-900-000-last-decad...

This article by Peter Walker states this definition: “Its definition of martyrdom is anyone, who while upholding Christianity, lost their life prematurely as a result of human hostility.”

In the USA we are often insulated against what is happening to Christians in other countries. That isn’t to say it isn’t happening here. The TV news really does not give us specifics about why many problems are occurring. News broadcast does not usually relate violence to its reason and often not to its’ source.

This got a kind of long winded but, it is a relevant discussion in today’s world compacted by a lot of ideology. Christ based us in a day to day existence, no matter how long time lasts.













apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996342-Sacrifice-and-Martydom