*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996614-October-24-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#996614 added October 24, 2020 at 8:55am
Restrictions: None
October 24, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Hi folks! I apologize for having been gone most of the week. I knew that I was going to get extremely busy and it looks like I am probably not going to be able to help out with the Red Kettles at the Salvation Army this year as I normally do, because I simply will not have time. I am in my Church History 505 class right now and it is writing intensive. In fact, today I have to finish a paper in which I am doing a synthesis or analysis if you will of St. Bernard's "On the Love of God". I also have to try to write a 1,000-word discussion board post and a 1,000-word journal entry post for the same class.

On top of all of that, I am working as chaplain here at the West Virginia Veterans Home and I am also the floor leader here at the Veterans Home. Floor leaders are responsible for odd and end jobs that need to be done as well as going door to door to see that everybody is out during fire drills, and meeting resident needs on the weekends and during off-hours. I am up every morning at 4:45 AM preparing for the 5:00 AM headcount. I walk with the nurse to be their witness and keep the role. So I am usually in bed by 9:00 PM. In other words, I stay as active as a beaver trying to dam up Niagara Falls.

Fall is always busier still because of my duties to the Salvation Army. I participate in signing community members up for Christmas programs and help with the Red Kettle drive. I get to help count the money that we collect, straighten wadded-up bills, and sort and stack them. It's always a busy time but God blesses me and uses me to accomplish His will.

Just an image Here is the prompt for Saturday, October 24, 2020

Proverbs 1:24-26

24. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded:

25. But ye have sat at naught all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26. I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;


We are still under the heading of "Heed Wisdom's Advice".

What are the verses saying to you?

These verses are a parental type warning. I have often given my son and the children I helped raise such warning. "Okay. You won't listen to me so I'm just going to let you go and then when you get hurt I'll say I warned you!"

I think every parent has had such a conversation with a child. In this case the parent is God speaking through Solomon and the child is the stubborn, rebellious humanity. (Yes. It was actually Israel but it speaks to all of us.) If we do not heed God's advice it will not end well for us. It never does. I don't know how many times I've heard the voice of God saying something was not a good idea and did it anyway only to find myself in trouble. Solomon is issuing a stern warning to heed advice.

For my blog Prompt: While cruising the galaxy, I found this planet:
 The Writer's Life  (E)
A free-verse poem about the life of an everyday person.
#1751257 by lexos02


Write about your life as a writer.

I am tempted to say that I currently have no life as a writer, but that would not be true. I am an online graduate student. All of my assignments are written in Turabian format and never less than four pages in length. So I have plenty of writing to do. It just follows a different prompt and becomes an academic voice. I just got through writing a theology paper about Augustine of Hippo and am currently writing an analysis of Bernard of Clairvaux's "On the Love of God." My assignment currently focuses on Bernard's Four Degrees of love. I just finished giving myself the first degree and the second degree is in progress. By the end of the day, I will have caught the third and fourth degrees as well. So by day's end, I will have spent the last two days catching the first degree, second degree, third degree, and fourth-degree from both Bernard and my professor! (lol)

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: “There is no greater threat to the critics and cynics and fearmongers than those of us who are willing to fall because we have learned how to rise.” Brené Brown, Rising Strong
What do you thing is Ms Brown right? How do you rise strong?"

I don't know. We'll wait until after the elections and find out. If Biden wins then I think the rioting will settle down and the liberal left will lie contented and cozy for awhile and conservatives will have heart failure. If Trump wins the liberals heads will explode and the riots will continue. Either way, I think the strong will be the only ones standing while the rest eat up all the xanax in the world.

** Image ID #19711883 Unavailable ** Prompt: "You're the host of a ghost tour in your home town. Have fun telling us what we'll see."

You'll see my computer monitor. I am much too busy to host a ghost tour and watch people act like idiots. I went on a ghost tour once. I hate to admit it and God has removed whatever demon guided it, but I had psychic powers when I went on the "ghost" tour. If there had been a spiritual presence I would have known it! Not a single goosebump from the tour. In fact, it was rather boring for me aside from having to be heavy and crackdown on some kids who were interrupting the host. They were the nearest thing to exciting the whole evening.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996614-October-24-2020