*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996719-Pet-Care
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#996719 added October 25, 2020 at 11:24am
Restrictions: None
Pet Care
What was your favorite job?


signature dancing owl



That is a toss up between two jobs. One is as an instructor of horse mastership. The other is as a kennel worker.

I had a routine job as a kennel worker. I bathed dogs, cleaned kennel cages, took dogs out for play-times in the play yard, and fed the daily meals. It was a steady work day with an hourly pay. Another plus for this job was, I was able to become familiar with lots of different breeds. Really getting paid to play with dogs has to be a great way to earn a wage. As a dog groomer I enjoyed the finished product.

Believe me dogs are happy to be clean. One dog was brought to me totally matted and smelly all over his body. I remember it because the really horrible mess his coat was in. Dried crude even across his ears and muzzle. He was a spaniel mix. The owner had found the dog in a pen filled with slop and mud somewhere and liberated the dog. The mess on its coat had dried solid after he had been rescued from the environment where he was living. After he was clipped, bathed, dried, and with clean ears. The new owner, who had rescued the dog, came to pick him up. When he called the dog to him, the dog turned around to me. jumped up with its paws on my shoulders, then gave me a lick on my cheek. Then he bounced out the door at the side of the new owner. Even dogs can appreciate being cared for.

Horse mastership is another great way to enjoy life. Watching a new student become proficient in the care, training, and riding abilities of horses is very rewarding. There is a lot to learn especially if you are going to keep and manage one or two family pleasure horses. Then if you are going to show a horse there is even more to know about grooming and handling and riding horses.

I'm often surprised at how little parts of the public know about pet and companion animal care even though most of the public is involved with pets of some type.

Merit Badge in Ghost
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for your participation at the  [Link To Item #30dbc]  in October, an unofficial month! Congratulations of winning the MB for Week 3!! Kindest Regards, Lilli One more week in October.

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996719-Pet-Care