*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996857-Literary-Devices
Rated: 13+ · Book · Spiritual · #2233743
This is Book 2 in the series, The Making of a Preacher. Life in a preacher's home is real.
#996857 added October 27, 2020 at 9:10am
Restrictions: None
Literary Devices
1. "Foreshadowing: Hints of something to come" would be an excellent approach to the impending shift in roles between Aurora and Zenith, which starts at age 15, but which doesn't fully complete itself, until their twenty-first birthday.

2. "Repetitive Designation: An object or fact appears over and over.". The twins' preoccupation with the town of Primary Colors shows how linear their relationship is until their individual loves of blue and red become a unified love of the secondary color, purple, when we finally see, that neither girl is perfectly good, nor perfectly bad in their lifestyle choices. They, like every other human to ever live, is sinful. This means, that only the Lord Jesus can make us be redeemed to His greatest life, both now and forever.

3. "Symbolism: Small facts, objects, or characterizations represent something bigger." Zenith always decorates with stars, that have a tail on each, like the one, that led the Wise Men to Jesus in the Bible's Gospel Accounts of Jesus, the Chosen One, the Messiah. This is because Zenith lived the first part of her life by the Law of Doing Right to please her earthly father, while that last part of her life was redeemed by the actions of her Heavenly Father, who draws each Christian to salvation as a lasting gift to His Son, Jesus. (John 6:37)
Zenith is defined as "the point of the celestial sphere that is directly opposite the nadir and vertically above the observer."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadir
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/zenith. Zenith "took the long way home," (Interesting reference to this book.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_Take_the_Long_Way_Home. Refer to her main concept, "The title refers to their habit of taking the long way home so that they could continue their conversations." as an illustration of the fact that the Lord often starts dealing with a heart early in life, even if Salvation doesn't come, until much later.) but in God's own time, she stood directly under the star, which leads people to Jesus.

Aurora paints "outside of the box" with myriad colors and brushstrokes. Wild fits of coloring in any and every media have come to be associated with Aurora. Aurora means "(when)capitalized: the Roman goddess of dawn." This was very clear in the first decade and a half of life. Aurora seemed often to be under the control of some foreign goddess because she didn't seem to hear to voices of her parents, nor the Lord of Glory Himself. Ultimately, her transformation at age 15 was glorious to behold. All the electrical displays of the colors of the Aurora Borealis became the new definition of her life. She was, indeed, a great colorful light, which shined in the night sky for the glory of her precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

4. "Poetic Justice: Good guys are rewarded and bad guys are punished." There all seems quite typical in the literary world. However, for my purposes of storytelling, I shall employ a newly-coined expression of "Poetic Irony: All good guys and bad guys alike are sinful, which means everyone should be punished, but Jesus' perfect life and sacrificial death transformed the results. Now, all sinful people can be rewarded when each is in Christ. When we are in Christ, the Lord can't see our sin because He sees Christ. All should be punished, but all can be rewarded."


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2020 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996857-Literary-Devices