*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996910-General-Freestyle-Brainstorming
Rated: 13+ · Book · Spiritual · #2233743
This is Book 2 in the series, The Making of a Preacher. Life in a preacher's home is real.
#996910 added October 27, 2020 at 5:30pm
Restrictions: None
General: Freestyle Brainstorming
Opening Scene: Aurora impulsively goes for a tubing adventure down the whitewater rapids of the river about a mile down into the valley behind the Marks' peaceful home on the outskirts of Fort Childhood, where the family set-up housekeeping about four years ago when they arrived on ZoNed4. When Matt arrives, he starts running along the bank, until he sees what appears to be an unconscious Aurora, sprawled out in the cleft of a rock as though in the very Hands of God.

Matt tied the long rope he had brought with him around the trunk of a tree as well as around his own waist, carefully wading through the eddy to a bridge of rocks, that led to the one holding his dear daughter, Aurora.

Ultimately, the rescue was successful, and the precious girl was taken to the local hospital, where she was treated and released after three. She was awake but had a headache.

2nd Scene: While in the hospital, during the watch, Matt's mind drifted to the three-year spaceflight when he and Artista became parents, learning to care for this growing family. (So, we have a flashback here-and-there, which is interspersed with conversation from a doctor or nurse, that enters the hospital room to care for Aurora.

3rd Scene: Matt and Artista discuss how to rear their strong-willed child, often forgetting about their compliance twin, who is in need of their attention, too. They nearly remember Zenith when she bursts through the door to alert them of yet another dangerous activity Aurora has thrown herself into on a whim. This time she has climbed nearly to the top of the large elm tree in the front yard, and she can't remember how to get down, after becoming overwhelmed by the height.

Such is their life throughout most of the twin's childhood and tween years, but the dynamics start to change in their middle teens. Aurora becomes a Christian and Zenith starts to wear out from living the Christian life. There is joy in serving the Lord, but not when we do it in our own strength.

Life appears to be ready to start with the twin's 21st birthday, then Artista dies a few days later. Zenith is done. Aurora carries greater and greater levels of weight as Matt sinks deep down into grieving depression.

Zenith marries her longtime girlfriend, Delilah Broadway. Zenith tells Matt not to show up at the wedding because she doesn't want to have anything to do with him ever again. The new couple moves all the way across the planet to Major Marks, which is quite ironic, given her last name, and how she feels about her dad.

Ultimately, the story comes to a harmonious ending with the twins restored to each other, and Matthew Paul Marks joining his dearest love, Artista in Heaven.

The lessons along the way as well as the moral at the end emphasize the Truth, that Family is forever, and our dearest loves are worth extended prayer and continued reaching out to give every opportunity for restoration because Family leaves no one behind.


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2020 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996910-General-Freestyle-Brainstorming