*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996859-Record-Lows-and-Internet-Woes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#996859 added October 27, 2020 at 1:38am
Restrictions: None
Record Lows and Internet Woes
Today there is no way anyone is sitting on a porch in Montana. The record low in the country was in Montana. West Yellowstone didn't have the record, but their low was -20. Here in Roundup it was 2 degrees this morning. Pretty darn chilly. But we are in the plains, not the mountains. It is supposed to warm up later in the week.

I had to chuckle at a post a friend made on Facebook from Texas, record cold. 43 degrees. Yeah, right. I guess it's all relative.

Hubby is planning his annual deer hunt tomorrow. So tonight he was plotting his plan of attack. He was searching some application on the internet for public land where he can go nearby. He found a few areas, and plans to leave as soon as it's above 20 degrees in the morning. Last year he shot a small doe. But she wasn't that great of an eat. Sorry all you vegan types. She was tough and stringy. Venison can be good, and tasty, if cooked right and the meat is good to begin with. But I have a hard time with tough meat. I hate to chew and chew.

Not much else happened today. It was rather quiet. I did have to call the bank about the account for the non-profit group I manage. I had tried all weekend to access the online bank statement. I was never able to get into the account. So when I called, the nice young man said, 'Well, sometimes if you haven't been on in a while, it'll delete the account.' *QuestionP* Hold on there, cowboy. What? *QuestionR* So we had to go through the rigamarole of setting that up all over again. *Angry* But as I explained this to hubby, who used to do IT for banks once-upon-a-time, it amazed him. Then I told him that this bank is independent. It is the only bank of its kind, native to Roundup. It is not owned by any other bank. Their internet department is one person. So I guess it makes sense that they perhaps can't pay for millions of dollars of software to keep accounts hanging around for long periods of time? Oh well, crisis averted. Problem solved. No sense aggravating about it. Now I just have to remember to check the account at least once a week. Or internet guardian and I will become best buddies.

My highlight the last few nights I've been awake til 1:30 has been the Great British Baking Show on Netflix. What a hoot. Makes me want to open a bakery. Well, maybe. Remember that old commercial? Something about donuts. *Donut2* *Donut* *Donut3* The poor guy met himself coming and going muttering 'time to make the donuts'. During last night's episode I put a hem back in a dress I rescued from the thrift store. This is a nice dress, worthy of repair. So I checked the label online. If you bought it at full price, sold at Dillard's, $199. What? And someone donated it with the hem out. Don't you think you would find someone you knew, or you would do it yourself, and repair a dress of that caliber? Amazing. I think I'm keeping it. Just saved myself a bunch of money and have a nice fancy church dress in return. Just took an hour and some thread.

I have a few more nights with a 1:30 AM curfew, then I set it at 1:15 AM. Geez, it sure is hard. But I am seeing results, so I shouldn't whine.








Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

letters and words

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996859-Record-Lows-and-Internet-Woes