*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996588-Another-Winter-Storm-is-Here
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#996588 added October 23, 2020 at 10:24pm
Restrictions: None
Another Winter Storm is Here
We have another winter storm warning. The last one was a non-event. This one seems to have more teeth to it. The snow *Snow5* is starting right on schedule, the temperatures are as cold as predicted. I'm glad I have nowhere to be.

Right now I'm watching BBC on TV. They're having a marathon of Hitchcock movies. We just finished watching Psycho. What a wicked movie that is. But what I like best about it is the shower scene, of course. Janet Leigh was never shown without clothes, never naked. Even when her body was taken out of the shower by Anthony Perkins, she was never exposed. In today's movies, all is exposed, I hate that. It seems more sinister somehow in that movie. And Anthony Perkins, oh my. His eyes, his manners. Wicked.

So now "The Birds" is on. *Bird* *Bird* *Bird* Tippie Hedren is in a boat going across the bay. She's in a fur coat, suit, with hose and heels. Quite elegant. A bit overdressed? You think!? Ha! The birds are about to rebel and attach everyone. But who knows why.........It's fun to see Jessica Tandy as the mother.

Hitchcock is an excellent storyteller. Building the tension, setting the scene. It's all there.

I have been watching 'The Great British Baking Show' on Netflix during my late night as I wait to go to bed. It's worth a watch. *CakeB* I love watching the competitions and different terms they use. Cake is 'sponge'. Cookies are 'biscuits'. It's like the show 'Chopped' but with comedians and hours to make their creations, not 20 or 30 minutes. Fun and games with a British accent.

I am a cheerleader for the OctoPrep Challenge and having lots of fun doing this. Seems like most everyone is doing some kind of fantasy-elf-dragon-witch-fairy-wizard-vampire-space-soap opera story. I got to thinking how many of these kind of books are out there. How many are wanting to write the next 'Harry Potter' book series, the next 'Twilight', another 'Hunger Games'? And how many will? I am betting that maybe one, perhaps a few. Perhaps you will. I think it is a sign of the times. Escapism. 2020 is so dreadful that we all want to write about another world. Can't say that I blame you.

So back to the 'Birds'. Tippi Hedren is now in the 3rd day of her character in the movie, and still in the same costume. Now she outside the school, sitting in front of the jungle gym, her back to it. And as she sits, smoking, Hitchcock cuts back and forth to her and the jungle gym. Now this is genius. One bird. Then three, then the jungle gym is full. I love Hitchcock's direction. He was just a master of storytelling.

May you have a wonderful safe weekend. Keep working on your wonderful bestseller. I pray it will be on the New York Times bestseller list. But if not, it matters not. It will always be on your bestseller list. And that is what really matters.







© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996588-Another-Winter-Storm-is-Here