*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997019-Protagonist-Interview
Rated: 13+ · Book · Spiritual · #2233743
This is Book 2 in the series, The Making of a Preacher. Life in a preacher's home is real.
#997019 added October 28, 2020 at 4:20pm
Restrictions: None
Protagonist Interview
Wise J. Newsman: "How is life for you now, compared to life prior to these events?"

Matthew Marks: "Well, John, as you may be aware. I recently died. So, life is out-of-this-world for me, now, and from now on. However, if I had more time to live on ZoNed4 (or even go back to when the twins were still little girls,) then there are many things I would change about the way I lived that life.

"These precious daughters of own deserved so much more of my time than I gave them. Ministry was important. That's true, but my first ministry was my family. I didn't realize that then, but Oh, how much is hindsight 20/20! Aurora wasn't being unruly. She simply wanted my attention. Zenith did many good things in her childhood, but again she really wanted my attention. Artista was more than happy to help me with the ministry, but once again, I think I would still have her with me if I had taken time to strengthen her by giving her my attention.

"I, also, believe I have greater insights, now rather than before, as to how the Father works with His children. The Lord's children don't have to do anything to gain the Father's affection. Human children are not made to earn their earthly (or in this case, ZoNedian) father's affection. Children are made to be loved. Love cannot be earned. Love is the only commodity in all of existence in which an attempt to earn it diminishes its value. Love given out always comes back in greater and greater amounts. Love is like air. We share it in the same house, but anything toxic, that is introduced causes all parties to die."

Wise J. Newsman: "How did the events of your story change you?"

Matthew Marks: "That is an interesting question. For much of my story, I didn't change. I kept right on going at a breakneck pace, that nearly broke my entire family. The climactic restoration came only a short time before I died. Though I was called the protagonist, in many ways I was my own worst enemy.

"I think Eternity will be a much different story than my temporary days of beating heart and air-filled lungs. For one thing, sin is now gone, and Time is no more. Therefore, in the Everlasting Now. I have nowhere to be in a hurry. I have my entire existence to be with others, including my dearest Lord. The Lord spoke in Hebrews 4, 'that they may enter into my rest.' Rest is being completely satisfied with the One, Who made me, and with the ones, He loves as His Everlasting Bride. Rest is the peaceful non-rushed experience of never needing to leave because we are always together.

"I've learned, that I a sinner saved by grace and that His Grace makes me ever-new, ever-joyful, ever...HIS."


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2020 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997019-Protagonist-Interview