*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997048-Premise-Revision
Rated: 13+ · Book · Spiritual · #2233743
This is Book 2 in the series, The Making of a Preacher. Life in a preacher's home is real.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#997048 added October 28, 2020 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
Premise Revision
(1) Settings. Where does your story take place? The Making of a Preacher's Family takes place mostly on ZoNed4, the world of transplanted humans, who need a missionary witness in their midst. Marks' hometown is Fort Childhood. That makes it the most important location for the action. Primary Colors is of secondary importance because it's the twin's favorite recreation spot. Major Marks is of tertiary importance because that's where Zenith and her wife moved after breaking off her relationship with Matt, her dad.

(2) Protagonist. Who is your main character?. Matthew Paul Marks is the main character, who plays both protagonist and antagonist because as Matt is wont to say, "I am my own worst enemy."
(2b) Flaws. What are the protagonist's major flaws?
i. Matt is so focused on "the ministry," that he forgets his first
ministry, which is his family. He tends to wear himself out, and
the family, too.
ii. Matt lacks confidence because his focus is wrong. He focuses on
himself, rather than on the Lord, Who is the source of his strength.
(2c) Goals. What does the protagonist want (or want to avoid)?
i. Matt cares about the salvation of souls. He, of course, wants his
family to be saved, but somehow the desire for the second gets lost
in the activities of the first.
ii. Matt wants his twin daughters to love and to serve the Lord as much
as he does. He wants to pass the faith along well, like a good
relay runner hands the baton to the next leg of the race.

(3) Conflicts. What's keeping him from his goals?
i. Matt's daughters take turns opposing him ministry through disruption and
isolation.
ii. Matt's wife has not fully embraced her role as pastor's wife, and supporter.

(4) Antagonists. Who or what is creating the conflicts?
i. Matt doesn't realize, until nearly too late, that he is causing many of his
own problems.
ii. Aurora appears to be the obvious problem, but as it turns out, she is a great
part of the solution.
iii. Zenith appears to be a blessed solution, but due to her wrong motivations, she
presents an ultimate problem, that needs an ultimate solution.
iv. Artista plays the role of supporter in the physical while being a drag on
Matt's resources, both emotionally and spiritually because she's not all in.

(5) Resolution. How does it all turn out in the end?. At the end of the book, Matt finally hears the voice of the Lord, Whom he has been ignoring for most of his life while trying to serve the Lord with all of his heart. He confesses his sin. (I John 1:9) The Lord forgives him in accordance with this verse. The denouement shows the restoration of Matt's twin daughters to each other, as well as his physical demise, which creates the restoration of Matt and Artista in the Presence of the Lord Forever.

(6) Theme: What is the theme or moral of the story? Any family on Earth or on ZoNed4 or anywhere else in the first physical life is made up of imperfect humans. However difficult it may be, the goal is always to keep the family together, forever.
(John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10,13; Philippians 2:13)

(7) Outline: Update your outline as needed.

The Making of a Preacher's Family

I. The Early Years on ZoNed4 (Twin Toddlerhood)
II. The School Years of Elementary through Half of High School
III. The Transition of Late Teens to Adulthood
IV. The Disruptions of the Twin's Early Adulthood
V. The Confession of Sin, It's Immediate Forgiveness, and The Restorations


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2020 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997048-Premise-Revision