*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997246-Questions-about-2020-and-2021
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#997246 added October 31, 2020 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
Questions about 2020 and 2021
Jalal (Glory), 17 Ilm (Knowledge) 177 B.E. - Saturday, October 31, 2020

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2281: Happy Samhain or Happy Halloween

It's the last day of October which brings about daylight savings time change and also a reality check. There's only 62 days left of 2020 counting today. Where did the time go? Are you looking forward to the new year or are you feeling melancholy it's ending? I've been thinking of all the things I wanted to accomplish. .What about you how has the year gone?

Where did the time go?
It ticked
second by second
into history,
and left behind the year's insanity.


"Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream."
Khalil Gibran

Are you looking forward to the new year or are you feeling melancholy it's ending? The new year I celebrate will occur after sunset on the evening of Friday, March 19, 2021. Naw-Ruz, which means New Day, is a joyous celebration of prayer, music, and other festivities and will begin the year of 178 B.E.

"Praised be Thou, O my God, that Thou hast ordained Naw-Rúz as a festival unto those who have observed the Fast for love of Thee and abstained from all that is abhorrent unto Thee. Grant, O my Lord, that the fire of Thy love and the heat produced by the Fast enjoined by Thee may inflame them in Thy Cause, and make them to be occupied with Thy praise and with remembrance of Thee."
Baha'u'llah12

What about you how has the year gone?
I will look back
at the tests and difficulties of 2020
with gratitude
because they increased my faith.

I will use the inspiration
provided by 2020
in poems,
blog entries,
and perhaps a few stories.

"America is a country in deep pain. The coronavirus pandemic, racial injustice, economic insecurity, political polarization, misinformation and general daily uncertainty dominate our lives to the point that many people are barely able to cope. And life wasn't exactly a cakewalk before 2020. Out of all the fears, stresses and indignities our citizens are living with, there emerges a kind of primal insecurity that undermines every aspect of life right now."
Judith Hall & Mark Leary, "The U.S. Has an Empathy Deficit," ScientificAmerican.com, September 2020


Footnotes
1  Bahá’í Prayers
2  https://www.bahai.org/r/965944343


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997246-Questions-about-2020-and-2021