*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997515-Election
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#997515 added November 2, 2020 at 9:53pm
Restrictions: None
Election
I survived the weekend without painted clowns and red balloons. It wasn't exactly quiet but things were not eerie or weird. I put that as a win my column. I am supposed to have 2 nights off, but they called me at 1 pm (which is prime sleeping time if you work nights) to see if i would like to work again. I wasn't even coherent enough to give a decent reason for the "no" answer. I could barely spit out real words. I was whooped. They did get the message, but I may have to drug test when i return. (lol) After I hung up, I made plans in my head to call all of the day shifters at 1 a.m. for fun. I won't really but a few unkind words escaped my mouth after hanging up.

Tomorrow is the election day
Vote early, vote proud. America needs our service now more than ever. It matters not who, but the commitment you offer and the unity that you bring to the table. Represent the process and the privilege our country provides. No matter which side wins , dispense with any bitterness for your candidates loss and roll up your sleeves to get to work. There are things that we need to fix. We will need, kindness, love, and joy more than ever in the coming days. We are all God's children and have a need to come together.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997515-Election