*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997555-Mania
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#997555 added November 3, 2020 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
Mania
I have officially coined a new term for 2020. It is Covidmania. We will need to contact Webster to have the word entered into the scrolls. Definition: Induced mental health changes resulting from pandemic shut down, increased societal stress, and isolating terror related to the fate of their world.

Let me introduce you to the rising number of people in each of the categories.

Group #1- People who had mental health issues before March of 2020. They have fallen through the cracks with no support. Their mental health professionals are unable to provide face to face services due to being overwhelmed, COVID meeting restrictions for groups, limited meeting places, appointment availability, and medication restrictions and affordability for their patients. Any stability that the people in this group enjoyed prior to COVID has disappeared. Their entire world has come to a halt with no means of righting it. These type of people usually wind up hospitalized for either mental health reasons or medical issues. Hospital life for these people offer a regimented and stable enviroment. They can for a short while escape the loneliness of
the outside world.

Group #2- People who were borderline with their mental health concerns prior to March 2020. They find themselves now in a tailspin of depression and anxiety. Their support resources are non-existent. New patients are pushed to the end of the line due to an overwhelmed system. These people linger on the edge frightened, unmotivated, and often unable to maneuver through medical red-tape. If they don't find medical resources, often they become suicidal or despondent. Depression may leave them unable to function in their daily lives.

Group #3- This is the narcissistic group of people that has evolved during the pandemic. This is the type of people that believe the needs of the one (namely themselves) outweigh the needs of the many. They lack empathy or concern for others. They are self-important opportunists with a bully mentality. The pandemic seems to have created more of these monsters and is evident in healthcare, politics, mask-natzi's or mask-nonbelievers, immunization gurus, racial divide, faith thumpers and squashers, and even shoppers versus on-line customers. It is insanity to believe that your opinion is the only one of value and correctness. This pandemic has given voice to the rude, crude, and vicious elements of our society. Without consequence they attack from keyboards, news blurbs, and media outlets. We have managed to embolden their efforts. At times we must even fear for our lives instead of standing up against the wild-eyed crazy man spouting bigotry or indoctrinating their political views.

I will show kindness in all that I do, but I will not be quieted in my rights of free thought, expression of ideas, and my quest to spread love.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997555-Mania