*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997628-Proverbs-213-22
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#997628 added November 4, 2020 at 11:26am
Restrictions: None
Proverbs 2:13-22
owl for signature use

These are the verses for 11/4 typed out.

Proverbs 2:13-22
King James Version

13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;
14 Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked;
15 Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:
16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
17 Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.
18 For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead.
19 None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.
20 That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.
21 For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it.
22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.


13. People should get their knowledge of good and evil from the one true God. Eating any plant won’t do the trick. Plus, humans should expect to remain human not attempt to be the living God. Genesis 3:6 is a reference.

14. And 15. Is reference to the insincerity of humans who look for other paths, other than the fear of the Lord and letting God lead them into right ways in life.

16, 17, 18, I believe there is a historical understanding, here of the way the people held onto their family ties. Also, it is a reference to fornication and jealousy. If you look up Miriam in Exodus she was a true prophetess only she had jealousy toward Moses, Because of his familiarity with God. Sibling rivalry comes to mind.

Jesus told the disciples not to keep the little children away from him. God guides humans from their youth. If they pull away and refuse guidance. There is no way back, because they don’t want to go back.

19. States they won’t take the right path to life.

20, 21, 22. These verses exclaim who to follow, what the rewards will be, and what the result will be if humans do not follow the guidance of the rules given by God.

Rooted out makes me think of the story Jesus told about burning the weeds. My uncle was a gardener. When he taught me to weed a garden he showed me that the root of the weed has to be taken out in order to keep it from growing back.

Thoughts of A.D. 70 came into my mind. When the Romans razed the temple and murdered so many people in the streets of Jerusalem.

I probably bounced around a lot here but, there were a lot of references to explain these verses in depth so we can relate them to life as we live it now.














apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997628-Proverbs-213-22