*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997630-Mystery-object-and-Corn-Stove
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#997630 added November 4, 2020 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Mystery object and Corn Stove
owl for signature use *Cart*


Details, details, details... Pick something in your view and describe it in as precise detail as possible without naming what the object is. See if you can get your readers to guess what object you're describing.

What Am I?

The object has metal parts, plastic parts, and paper parts. Two round plastic wheels on a moveable axle are 2 inches in diameter with ridges and grooves.It Also has a word on each dial. The dials are black. The metal is one continuous piece forming a C on two sides, also black. There are two black plastic rings in the center. The paper is white and heavy, two inch by 4 inch pieces, attached to black plastic rings.

Corn Stove!


This next part is specifically for the people who wanted to hear more about my Corn Stove. It was scheduled to arrive on October 31, a Friday. However, The shipping company dropped it at a warehouse in Erie, Pa. on Thursday. The warehouse was not expecting it and refused to deliver it until Monday November 2.

The first snow storm of the season hit over the weekend which was irritating, because our heating was inadequate for the season as it was. Plus, I had installation help lined up for Friday and Saturday, not for Monday. Anyway, they delivered early Monday. K went down to the road with the 4 wheeler and wagon and the truck driver unloaded it onto an elevator ramp which was nice because the elevator was stopped at the height of the wagon and they were able to just push it into the wagon. When K got it up to the back door he put the movers, cart up to the wagon strapped the stove onto it and between the two of us we were able to get it in the back door and into the place it was suppose to set in our family room.

Next, we read the directions. and installed the legs. After work my son took K to get the pipe needed to build the exhaust. On November 3rd the two of us worked on different parts of the installation and we had it running by the end of the day. So, last night it ran all night and we got up to a warm house. Yay!.

The stove is Approximately 30 inches by 28 inches high. I'm not sure this is exact height.. It has adjustable legs which make it higher when they are installed. It has a glass door so you can see the fire.

You can read the specifications on pinnacle.com. Pinnacle is the seller. The Company name is Global stoves. It has a hopper that holds about 40 lbs of corn at a time. It runs a fan that blows out heat. there is a thermostat that aromatically drops corn into the burner depending on how high you set the temperature.

Corn burns down to a point where the ash forms something called a clinker. The clinker has to be removed about twice in a 24 hour period. It takes about 10 seconds to turn off the stove, open the door take out the clinker, shut the door, and turn the stove back on. If you do it properly the fire continues to burn and it is an easy part of keeping the stove clean and running.

There is an intake for clean air and an exhaust pipe that goes outside. We have a farming community that is set up to grow and dry corn specifically for burning in stoves.

A 60 year old male and a 75 year old female set this stove up. It is so easy to install and comes with good directions. A company man called us and told us some special things about the stove that was very helpful. Plus, they gave us telephone and email addresses to keep in touch. Very helpful people who want to insure their product works.

Last year I spent a lot of time splitting wood for the wood furnace. Me, I split the wood. This is so much easier and runs all night. The wood furnace would go out at night and the house would cool clear down then have to be reheated from the beginning again.

The blower, auger for the corn, and thermostat run on electricity. On the website where the specifications are it says the stove will run on electricity provided by solar so you can be warm even if the electricity goes out. we usually don't worry about losing electricity because we are on a rural electric co. , but since I am also working on setting up a home solar energy network it was a selling point for me.

This particular corn stove has a patented part of it that throws the heat out the heat vents and keeps it away from the exhaust pipes. I can actually lay my hand on the exhaust pipe and not get burned.

This stove is safe to run. My pets will be safe around it and I'm sure it would be OK to leave it run and shop. It has an automatic shut off encase the fire goes out. I usually reserve judgment about a new product until I have it a while, but so far I'm really happy we invested in this stove. I recommend it to anyone considering alternative heat.

Merit Badge in Risk Taker
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for reading and commenting in my blog!

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997630-Mystery-object-and-Corn-Stove