*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997772-Generation-Gap
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#997772 added November 6, 2020 at 10:05am
Restrictions: None
Generation Gap
Imagine the year is 2030. Write about what has happened in your life over the last decade in the past tense.
Dear Me:



signature dancing owl


Imagine the year is 2030. Write about what has happened in your life over the last decade in the past tense.

Dear Me:

It’s been ten years more now. Ten years doesn’t sound like much when you are constantly learning about new things.

Home security is big business even for small incomes. There are lots of new gadgets out there like flashlights and batteries that charge with USB. Drones are used more for security in the cities. We even have a drone that we can program to skim the walking trails once in awhile.

Most people have changed over to greener appliances. There are more windmills since they learned to make them bird safe. Solar took off, as well so we have a lot of ways to bring in electricity. I’m still fond of my corn heat. That’s because I like going to bed warm and waking up warm. Only now, I have a corn furnace to go along with the stove which uses the existing heat runs.

If it’s possible I’m slower and my hair is whiter. The mortgage is paid so I’m putting in a lift so I don’t have to walk up and down stairs 40 times a day. Just for the exercise I still use the stairs sometimes.

We built horse and walking trails and took on a few horse boarders to offset the tax burden.

The three cats and now two dogs are still around. I take the dogs walking along the trails. They like getting out of the house.

I changed my desktop to a laptop a few years ago. WIFI has become more stable as the years move along. Covid 19 was conquered and the world was more prepared for the 2nd pandemic. It was almost cleared out before it began.

The USA began educating children and turning lots of smart brains toward science. The medicine business started leaning toward the natural way to achieve health. I am working on a new degree. It took me a few years to decide which one to go after. WDC is still around. Too many people can't do without it. Quite a large crowd on the site now.

Ten years isn’t enough but, the world is definitely changing. Looks like the next generation has a chance at making their mark.

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997772-Generation-Gap