*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998112-Honouring-Capt-Dhanwant-Sharma-SM
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#998112 added November 11, 2020 at 5:03am
Restrictions: None
Honouring Capt Dhanwant Sharma, SM*
It was on this day on 22 June 1994, *Capt Dhanwant Sharma, SM* attained martyrdom in the service of the Nation and bid us farewell forever.

Dhanno as he was fondly called, was a person par excellence. Always bubbly and enthusiatic, he had a zest for life. He had an amazing sense of humour and would regale everyone with his jokes.

Dhanwant was from India Sqn and was commissioned on 14 Dec 1991 in the Regiment of Artillery.

Dhanwant did exceedingly well in NDA and passed out as CSM India Sqn on 01 Dec 1990. He was in the top 50 of the NDA Order of Merit.

Dhanwant did well in IMA too, where he was CSM Singarh Coy and passed out in the coveted Second Block in the IMA Order of Merit.

Dhanno was a very fine person and a gentleman to the core and had tremendous course spirit. He was in the Academy Volleyball Team and was awarded the NDA Blue for his proficiency in the game. Dhanwant was the star of Bn Entertainment and would play a lead role in Plays.

In the Fifth term in NDA, Dhanwant played the role of the protagonist in a play in Bn Entertainment, who becomes a martyr in the service of the nation. Who knew that destiny would snatch away Dhanwant from us a few years later, in a similar manner, just short of his 24th birthday.

Dhanwant was a bold and brave soldier. During his tenure in the Kashmir Valley he attained martyrdom in a daring Operation and was awarded the Sena Medal (Gallantry) posthumously. His father recieved the Award in 1996.

Dhanwant belonged to an illustrious family with a rich legacy. His elder brother, Capt Satish Sharma, SM, attained martyrdom in Op Pawan in Sri Lanka while serving with 1 Para SF. Dhanwant was a second generation Gunner and had recieved the orders for probation to 1 Para SF. He was to go for the probation shortly after the Operation, however his Divine Call came.

We pay homage to Dhanwant Sharma on this solemn day. You shall forever remain in our hearts and memories and will always be a source of inspiration to all of us. Our prayers for your Eternal Peace.

I request all of you, where ever you are, to please observe two minutes silence in memory of Dhanwant Sharma.

As a famous Greek saying goes... *"Hon oi theoi philusin apothnjkei neos (He whom the Gods love, dies young)"*

Amen.

© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998112-Honouring-Capt-Dhanwant-Sharma-SM