*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998119-November-11-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#998119 added November 11, 2020 at 9:21am
Restrictions: None
November 11, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small



Just an image Today is Veterans Day here in the USA. So today's prompt will have to do with Veterans. So tell us, why is it important for a soldier not to get entangled in the affairs of the world?

I will be preaching a sermon on this in Chapel this coming Sunday. This is a good chance for me to get my outline in order. As we all know, the United States just elected a new president and it looks like he will have the backing of both the house and the senate. A lot of Christians don't like it because the new President is very liberal in his policies and many of his policies fly in the face of Christianity. The fact of the matter is however that the administration elected was chosen by God or they would not have won. God has His reasons for allowing the administration to win. They will ultimately carry out some part of God's will, even if that is to bring evil to fulfillment. Soldiers of Christ cannot become entangled in the affairs of the world. Jesus said we are to be in the world but not of the world. He gave us our marching orders on Mt. Olives right before His ascension to the Father. We have enough to do carrying out those orders without worrying about what the world around is doing. Our job as soldiers is to please our Leader. He ordered us to love others and to win them to Him. We have enough to do in carrying that out. We don't need to worry about what the world around us is doing. God has the world under control. In the eternal scheme of things only one thing matters anyway: Is your name written in the Lamb's Book of Life?

Just an image I just saw the prompt sent by Lazy Writer est 4/24/2008 . It was buried in my email. It is "Describe a time where you believed God spoke to you."

I have never heard God audibly speak to me though I hear His voice in the stillness all the time. I have had visions of Jesus pointing as if to say "Go!"

For my blog Prompt: "We are all struggling to stay ahead of the spread of COVID-19. Onboard board we are safe because we are surfing through cyber-space in the WDC galaxy of the World Wide Web. I found a star today that tries to find something positive about COVID-19. The star is LightinMind and the port is
 
STATIC
Thank you for COVID-19  (13+)
An Alternate History of a world without COVID-19. Best possible universe theme - Leibniz
#2237008 by LightinMind

This brings me to the prompt: What has happened to you that is good as a direct result of COVID-19?

As a result of Covid-19 I am a student at Regent University, in seminary with a 3.89 GPA. Regent is considered one of the best seminaries in the world and it is considered an Ivy League school. To earn a degree from there is an accomplishment. To earn one with honors will be even more of an accomplishment. I would not be there if COVID-19 had not shut the world down.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "It's Veteran's Day here in the U.S. November 11, 1918, was regarded as the end of “the war to end all wars.”

Let's express our gratitude to those who served to protect us by writing a thank you."

Thank you Veterans. I served in the US Army in peacetime. I never knew combat. I do know many who did as I live with them here at the West Virginia Veteran's Home. I know how easily startled they are. They can hurt you before they even realize they have done so. The scars of battle are not all physical. In fact, the physical wounds are the easiest to heal. I see the sacrifice in the eyes of the veterans here every day. I hear their stories as chaplain. My hat is off to all veterans, even the enemy veterans who served their country.

Blog City image small "Prompt: "All the darkness of the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." Saint Francis Of Assisi Use this quote in your Blog Entry today."

I admire St. Francis. I don't "venerate" him as some do, but I do admire him. He set a good example for others to follow. He is spot on with his assessment of light. Darkness never overcomes light unless the darkness is a blackhole.



Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998119-November-11-2020