*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998342-Poke-poke
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#998342 added November 14, 2020 at 8:39am
Restrictions: None
Poke, poke...
WDC is gently poking me to update my blog this morning, so here goes.

I have been quiet here of late, focusing my writing energy on NaNoWriMo. And how is that going fourteen days into the month, you ask? Well, about like I expected. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up the 1,667 words a day such a project demands, but I am pleased to note that when I can spare time to work on it, the words are flowing and the story seems to be going somewhere. I also note all sorts of issues with it, but NaNoWriMo seems to be more about developing the habit of writing each day, and that's what I'm focusing on. On days when I simply can't...I simply can't. I don't stress over it.

Will I have a finished project by the end of November? Probably not. But I will have a rough shape that I can begin to chip away at and turn into something that resembles the finished project in my head. Therefore, it is not a wasted effort at all.

Now there are some more mundane things poking at my mind...laundry, cleaning up the breakfast dishes, maybe even some cleaning. Somehow doing these things fuels the writing impulse for me, so it's best that I get to them.

© Copyright 2020 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998342-Poke-poke