*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998687-November-19-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#998687 added November 19, 2020 at 3:35am
Restrictions: None
November 19, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image It is almost Thanksgiving. What are you grateful for?

I am first of all most grateful to my Master, King, and adopted Brother Jesus for giving His life for me and making me a joint-heir with Him to the throne of God. I want for nothing on this earth and desire nothing on this earth because I already own the earth and everything in it. I am King of the universe because my Father made me a joint-heir to his throne. The entire universe is mine. Why should I want a few things on this earth except the necessities of survival? Survival to me means another day to serve Jesus, my great Benefactor. Each day I am alive adds to my gratitude list. I live at the West Virginia Veterans Home in Barboursville WV where I earn my room by being a floor leader. I have the pleasure of serving these guys primarily as their chaplain. Chapel services are another source of gratitude for me. We hold chapel every Sunday but the core group that makes up the Chapel are my flock and my church that Jesus entrusted me with. I am pleased to see the services improve each week. I made arrangements with the Recreation Department to hold the Chapel in the big activity room as opposed to the chapel due to COVID-19. Doing so gives us access to the PowerPoint Projector and the sound system. Prior to this Chapel had no music because we had no way of playing it. Now I can download piano tracks for hymns on my phone and use Bluetooth to connect to the speaker system and use the PowerPoint projector for the words. The chapel is becoming a living thing around here and the guys are noticing the changes. I am grateful that Jesus opened these doors to let us grow. I am grateful to the West Virginia Veterans Home Activities Department for allowing us to use their space and their equipment to have a chapel. I am grateful to the WVVH Administration for allowing me to serve as chaplain and I am grateful to Regent University for teaching me how to serve as a chaplain. Most of all though I am grateful to Jesus Christ who forfeited His blood for me to become a chaplain. He knew eternally before I was born that I would get off to a slow start with a lot of stalls along the way, but that eventually, Holy Spirit was going to change me to my very core. I like who I am today and for that I am extremely grateful.

For my blog Prompt: "I was cruising through the WDC universe today and found a colorful planet that seems appropriate for this time of year in West Virginia anyway. The star is Solace.Bring The planet or portfolio is
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2229754 by Not Available.

What is your opinion of autumn?

Autumn was never my favorite season because it is always followed by winter. I dislike the cold but I deal with it. To be honest, I think I prefer the cold over the heat any more. I can breathe better in the cold and I can always put on more clothes. There are only so many to take off though. The main thing I like about summer is that the trees are green. In the winter the trees look dead. Winters go by so quickly anymore that I hardly notice them now. I mean yes. I notice when I am out in the cold but time-wise it seems the years fly by. 2020 just seems to have started yesterday and it will be over in less than sixty days! Even the pandemic did not slow it down much for me because I have worked straight through. I have served as a floor leader and chaplain here at home and I have been enrolled at Regent University the whole time. Time is zooming by.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Please, use these words in your blog enchance, marriage, subway, cultivate, reference, elegant, and outlet."

I had to look up the word enchance. It turns out not to be a word at all but rather the title to a jazz album. I never listen to jazz. I just never developed a taste for it. I was raised on hymns and classic country with a smattering of soft rock/pop music. I never listened to jazz. I figure a marriage between a musician and a saxophone could be alright if the musician was good. The saxophone is an acquired taste and I never acquired it. Subway on the other hand is a taste I acquired quite some time ago. I just had Subway for dinner last night brought to me by Grubhub. Of course you're talking about the subway you ride. I used the subway a lot in Pittsburgh and other bigger cities when I lived there but we have none here. We do have buses that run once an hour but I try to avoid using those as they take forever. I do like to cultivate friendships though and feel that riding the bus can be a way to do that. In reference though, I usually stay home rather than take the bus. I am not so elegant as to have a vehicle. I would never be able to afford one anyway. My only outlet for travel is public transportation such as the subway or bus. The colors of the seats on the bus enchance my eyes.

Blog City image small "Prompt: I enjoy fantasy literature very much because of all the reality it involves. Use this quote in your Blog entry today."

If I am going to read fantasy literature it certainly will not be because of the reality in it. Fantasy to me is an esacape route from reality. Yes. A piece has to have a little reality in it to keep it grounded but I do not like a lot of reality. I don't watch reality television shows for the same reason. If I want drama I will start an argument. I don't want drama. I like things quiet and peaceful.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors


© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998687-November-19-2020