*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998821-November-21-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#998821 added November 23, 2020 at 7:55am
Restrictions: None
November 21, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image Tonight's prompt is a theological one. How would you explain the concept of "Trinity" to somebody who does not understand the Trinity? Does your denomination believe in Trinity?

The short answer to this question is that I adhere to the following doctrine of the Salvation Army: "We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory."

The long answer is that I believe there is one God consisting of three distinct Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I believe all three are eternal and have always existed and always will exist. I believe the Father is the Creator and Sustainer of all life. I believe the Son is begotten of the essence of the Father. This concept is hard to explain because the Father does not and never did cause the Son. The Son has always existed as a part of the Father. Begotten means that just as the Father is expressed by the radiance of His being so the Son is also expressed by that radiance. Holy Spirit is also expressed from that same radiance. All three are distinct persons holding distinct offices and yet all three are one. The best analogy I can use is myself. I am Marvin Schrebe AKA Chris Breva. I am three in one. I am Marvin Schrebe the personality, Marvin Schrebe the soul, and Marvin Schrebe the body. None of those three can be separated, yet each is clearly distinct and serves its own office.

Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox oday, while cruising cyberspace in the galaxy WDC, we came upon a cute poem about a non-stoppable ram that left us all laughing, crying, and scratching our heads. The star was (3) and the port or planet rather, was
 A BIT O' BULL  (13+)
Not all bullfighters are born equal.
#2235295 by cdcraftee


Tell us about your unstoppable moments. Have you ever felt like this ram?

I laughed until I nearly cried reading this one. If anybody has ever been raised around cattle, sheep, or goats, they know that male sheep (rams) are called rams because they like to lower their heads and charge whatever is around them, using their horns to ram into it. I've seen people bend over in front of a ram and pay the price. The ram will not back away from such a target. The person may as well paint a bullseye there because they are getting head butted!

I could just picture this ram taking on the 3,000 pound bull. In reality, I believe the ram would back off because of the massive size of the bull, but that is hard to predict. Sheep are not the most intelligent of animals. In fact, they are not very smart at all. In the Bible, when Jesus refers to people as His sheep He is saying that people are gullible and nead led. It is a term of endearment coming from Jesus but it is not a compliment. Humans are rational animals but we do some of the stupidest things. I can see me being like this ram. He did not have brains enough to know when he was in over his head and I often don't either. I can usually muddle through.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Use these words in your entry: yeast, time, stars, music, violin, and diamond."

My mom used yeast all of the time. She made the best homemade bread anybody ever ate. She was one of the stars at her church when it came to baking and bake sales. The money they made selling her baked goods was music to the treasurer's ears because they did not make a lot in collections and tithes. Violin music played when she baked. She was certainly a diamond.

Blog City image small Prompt: "Theodore Roosevelt quote: "Believe you can and you're halfway there."
Roosevelt spoke these words at his alma mater, Harvard, on June 28, 1905. Roosevelt said," Sometimes it's hard to see how things will get better, but it's important to have a vision for the future, so you can achieve your goals."

Agree or disagree with Roosevelt. Do you think we all should be making plans or taking one day at a time because of Covid-19?"

I agree with Roosevelt. COVID-19 hasn't stopped me or even slowed me down. Yes. I did have to shift gears a little bit. Prior to it I was working 40 hours per week as a volunteer at the Salvation Army Huntington Corps. Then COVID-19 shut down the facility I live in and I could not work. If I left I could not come back. So instead I enrolled in seminary and am maintaining a well above average grade there. My grades in undergraduate school would have been much higher had it not been for math. Even with math I graduated with a decent average hovering around 3.3. My average in seminary right now is 3.89 and if I get an A this last four weeks that average will increase to 3.92 or 3.95. So COVID-19 is not stopping me.



Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998821-November-21-2020