*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999451-Postman-Harish
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#999451 added December 1, 2020 at 4:57am
Restrictions: None
Postman Harish

"When I was about five or six years of age and stayed at My maternal uncle’s home, the local postman, Harish, a shūdra by caste, also stayed in the house. He had a simple and loving nature and behaved as one very close to this Body. Many propitious signs were visible in him. He always kept his eyes lowered when talking to people and everyone spoke well of him. On arriving in Bidyākūt from Astagram, this Body discovered that Harish had been transferred and was the postman there. He was very happy to see Me again after a long time.
Just as in the dark the beam of a torch reveals clearly the object upon which its light falls, so did this Body’s glance reveal that Harish was transformed and advancing in his spiritual life. This Body saw clearly that there was something extraordinary within him. When She was young and had visited Her maternal uncle’s home, Harish had often carried Her in his arms or upon his shoulders. Later when I went to Birbhum in 1932, I heard from people that he had advanced so much on his spiritual path that he had discarded his body in a state
of samādhi A state in which the mind is either completely focussed on its object of contemplation (savikalpa samādhi), or ceases to function and only Pure Consciousness remains, revealing itself to Itself (nirvikalpa samādhi). In such a state if a man leaves his body, he is free from the cycle of life and death.). A large number of people had received his blessings. His wife was now practising sādhanā at the site of his samadhi (In this case the word denotes a shrine where the remains of a very saintly person are interred).
.The only difference between such an evolved sādhak and a yogi who gives up his body - is that the latter leaves his body by choice and at the time of exiting from the physical, he retains the consciousness of the body that he is leaving. On the other hand, the man who gives up his mortal frame in absolute samādhi is not conscious of the physical body nor of any effort to give it up. The samskāras of life and death cease to function in him and as soon as the karma of his past lives is worked out, the body naturally drops off."


© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999451-Postman-Harish