*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999519-December-2-2020
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#999519 added December 2, 2020 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
December 2, 2020
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: Why is it easier to talk to a stranger rather than someone you are close with?

===

I didn’t even know this could be a problem. I can talk to strangers and friends alike about general things with the same abandon.

When it comes to personal things, there are some things I can discuss with close friends better if they are privy to what’s happening. Even so, I really don’t discuss anything with anyone that I wouldn’t want other people to know. If there’s anything I learned in this life, it is how to handle my own stuff.

In the case of therapists, however, it is said that people can relate better to a therapist since they feel a therapist understands the human psyche. Maybe!

I was married to a psychiatrist and have known many other therapists. Honestly and with my apologies to my late husband, I don’t think the therapists are all that astute, except they mean well and they know how to answer and treat a patient according to their assumptions based on what they think they see and what the patient tells them.

In short, no one can know everything and everyone, and I am a big proponent of self-sufficiency. *Wink* *Smile*


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog
Prompt: From Angelica- Happy May 5th! ’s "Where I am From
Write about you are from.


I think I am going to have a little fun with this prompt. *Wink*


The universe is a vast place. Inside it, I was born on a tiny planet in a non-descript solar system. Where I come from is a place where sometimes it is the last place I want to be in; however, although a good number of explorers have tried to invent ways to move us off this planet, they haven’t been successful, as of today.

For that, I am truly glad. First, I like the air of our planet where I can take deep breaths and not get hurt or killed since my body is made to breathe this very air better than what we might find elsewhere.

Second, we have a solid ground to stand on. Imagine going to live on a gaseous planet! Maybe some birds could manage it if they could adjust to a different atmosphere but not the other living things we have on our planet.

Another thing I like about where I come from is the gravity. It isn’t too light so we can go high up whether we want to or not, and it isn’t too powerful that we end up as a mush, flat on the ground.

I also like the variety of life on my home planet. We have all kinds of creatures and plants that live on land, air, and sea, and we have all kinds of land and water forms. My home planet is self-sufficient. Our food and air recycles to sustain us all the time, and we can go to wherever we wish whenever we wish, on the planet. Except at the moment, we’re at a standstill due to a pandemic, which I am miffed, annoyed, nettled, and disturbed about.

Talking about annoyances, we have seasons on earth that go round and round repeatedly, which I am not very sure I like so much. Due to my old age, I don’t take well to drastic changes in weather. Added to this continuing change in seasons, some dimwits among us have come up with a change in clocks twice a year. That, I abhor more than the seasons’ changing.

Still, the worst thing about where I come from are the wars our inhabitants create, usually out of thin air. These wars destroy us and our place, worse than the weather and natural disasters. Sometimes, because of all this warring and fighting behaviors of the inhabitants, I and some others I know don’t like being here. Can you blame us?


© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999519-December-2-2020