*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999620-Musing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#999620 added December 4, 2020 at 2:52am
Restrictions: None
Musing

How many of us have truly understood that every thing is a process, like the cycles of day and night, the changing seasons, the harvesting of fruit. Is nature ‘doing’ it? I don’t think so. It is a process of happening. Nature experiences and reflects changes. In the same way, are we not designed to be part of a natural process in every circumstance? One that unfolds, slowly, effortlessly, and beautifully. Nothing to accomplish yet everything to experience seems to be the purpose of growth. A seed sprouts, grows, serves, and dies. We are birthed, we grow, we serve, we die.

We can set goals and direct our will to greatness, to be the best version of ourselves, to make meaningful contributions, but if we get caught in wanting things our way and wanting them now, or not wanting things and wanting them gone now, we lose sight of a bigger perspective almost instantaneously. We lose the chance to experience what life really has to offer us as we naturally grow into our selves, solutions included. We lose the experience of majic and grace that flows to every open mind and beating heart. We forget that we are part of a process, we are not in charge of it. All we can do is make unwise or wise choices in moments of confusion or clarity.

It’s so easy in our time to get caught up in our desires and get impatient to experience what in our memories, or visions, we think will bring happiness. We can unconsciously chase a person, a thing, an experience, or an outcome. In a state of hunger and desperation, we can try to control – a person, a thing, an experience or an outcome. And where does that get us?? Don’t we just end up frustrated, disappointed, hurt, and/or exhausted?

We plan, and plan, and design these perfect moments and outcomes in our minds – until life happens, and it all becomes a good laugh or we crumble and cry. Our intellectual capabilities are incredible but limited, so limited. Our fantasies can fool us and fuel our monkey minds - our truth rests only in our hearts, in our souls, in our ability to stay connected to ourselves. We can’t rush connection, we can’t manufacture peace pills, we can’t cultivate moments of serendipity.

We have both the freedom of will and the bind to destiny, and everything in between is intellectual illusion that can trip our thoughts up, keep us feeling stuck, and impact our quality of life, our experience of the moment, our sense of contentment.

What would happen if we effortlessly surrendered to the process, took the stance of an observer, and allowed moments to come and go. What if we truly trusted that everything works out for the best, that we are taken care of? What if we learnt to move sloooowww, breathe, and just be?

I know it’s possible to be equanimous through life’s ups and downs regardless of the messy mind, the play of consciousness, or the pace of society. I’ve had glimpses and periods of that stillness in my life and it has been blissful. I have practices to develop a ‘monk-mind’ and I am relearning that it is all a process that can’t be rushed. Or that rushing never ends well. I know that every time I come back to the path of spirituality, connect with nature, and myself, everything starts to fall into place on its own.

When I stop trying to 'do life', it becomes un-hard – it becomes simple, and joyful, and more possible for me to thrive. Ultimately, life takes care of itself - perfectly, effortlessly, lovingly. If I take care of myself in the same way, I know will align with what’s good for me and be able to offer more of myself to what I’m doing, or whoever I’m with 💜

© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999620-Musing