*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999696-December-or-Holiday-Blues
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#999696 added December 5, 2020 at 2:50pm
Restrictions: None
December or Holiday Blues
Jalal (Glory), 14 Qawl (Speech) 177 B.E. - Saturday, December 5, 2020

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2316: What's your favorite holiday movie? Holiday song?

December isn't a joyful month for me, and I'm not sure it ever was. The short, usually cloudy, days, and the long dark nights make me sad. I've never--that I can remember--went to a movie in December. As a child, I watched holiday specials on television, and enjoyed them. I listened to Christmas carols in church, radio, or played them on the record player; I always enjoyed the songs. This enjoyment alleviated the sadness (the depression) for a little while, but it didn't dissipate it. Plus, having a birthday on December 24 didn't help my mood.



I enjoyed most of the Christmas specials, now called Holiday specials, because of the actors, the songs, and the story lines. I watch them, laughed, and smiled; when I was depressed I never said much of anything to my parents or grandparents. At that time, I understood that December was supposed to be a joyful time of year, and depression or sadness wasn't part of the December mood. Now, at 73 going on 74, I enjoy the happy or joyful memories, especially when there are songs that I liked or that made me happy involved.

The December blues
haunts my childhood holidays
casting shadows over Christmas and New Year's Eve.

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox

Day 2941: Holiday Cookies

Christmas cookies, this is what we called them when I was growing up, always made me happy. One of my happiest memories is making sugar cookies with Grandma Mary. She had cookie cutters in the shape of Christmas trees and snowmen. Once the dough was rolled out, I cut out the cookies and Grandma put them in the oven. After they were baked and cooled, we would put frosting on them. I enjoyed Christmas at my Grandparents' house, even when I was a bit sad. I knew that Grandma or Grandpa would say or do some to make me laugh. Still the December or Holiday Blues was waiting just beyond the joy.


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999696-December-or-Holiday-Blues