*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2668520
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #1700829
A discussion forum and activity hub for Talent Pond bloggers.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 30, 2014 at 7:39pm
May Merit Badge Mania!
Hey Everyone,

"Blog Harbor from The Talent Pond is back with a brand new activity for the month of May! *Delight* I know some of you are participating in the "King's Landing updating activity, but this activity isn't heavy participation-based, so you don't have to feel bad if you miss a few days here and there while you're otherwise engaged.

Here's how this month's activity will work:

1. Every day, I will be posting two featured Merit Badges of the day.

2. Your job is to write a blog entry that somehow relates to one of those Merit Badge. It can be prose fiction, poetry, or a nonfiction essay/article/editorial that's somehow related to the subject matter or genre of your chosen Merit Badge of the day.

3. The judge (me) will select his favorite item from that day and award the appropriate Merit Badge to that blogger! Favorite items will likely be ones that most capture the essence or spirit of the merit badge subject matter

See? Easy! There is no grand prize or participation prize for completing all 31 entries... all you have to do is keep an eye on the activity and, when a Merit Badge comes along that you'd like, just write an entry for that particular day!

Some quick rules:

*Bullet* Please indicate somewhere in your blog entry which of the two badges you're writing for. If you don't indicate one and you happen to win, the judge will choose one for you.

*Bullet* Should you win multiple days, the judge will either find people to help hand out the badges or will wait the remaining number of days since your last badge so all will count toward your Community Recognition.

*Bullet* There must be at least two entries per badge in order to give it away. The judge reserves the right to disqualify entries and not award any badge in the event of sub-par offerings.

*Bullet* You must post your entries within twenty-four (24) hours of the day's badges being posted. The judge will try to post close to midnight WdC time every day, but to be clear, the official deadline for each day is exactly 24 hours after the badges are posted. Late entries are ineligible to win a badge.

*Bullet* You may write the items directly into a blog post, or create a blog post with a link to an item in your port. Either way, there must be a blog entry in your blog within 24 hours of the badge posting. You must also post a link to your post in this forum within 24 hours of the badge posting!

*Bullet* Your blog entries must be new. No linking old port items; the writing must have been done with 24 hours of the badge posting.

I think that's about all there is to it... stay tuned; the first pair of badges will be announced tonight! *Bigsmile*

Jeff
Logo for Senior Moderators - small

Please check out my community items:
"Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group
"The Dark Society
"Blogocentric Formulations

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
May Merit Badge Mania! · 04-30-14 7:39pm
by Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk
Re: May Merit Badge Mania! · 04-30-14 9:02pm
by ENB
Re: Re: May Merit Badge Mania! · 04-30-14 11:03pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2668520