*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2747348
by Jeff
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2009876
A yearly blogging challenge featuring cover songs and/or dead artists! Runs every October.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 13, 2014 at 1:37am
Edited: October 13, 2014 at 1:51am
A Merit Badge Challenge!
by Jeff
For those of you who have been following along with my musical selections for this activity, I have a challenge for you!

First, a confession. When I selected artists for this activity, I didn't just choose them at random. In fact, I used two very specific criteria to determine which artists I used, as well as what order I presented them in. *Smirk* If you think you've figured out one (or both) of the criteria I used, email me your response and the first person to guess each criteria will win an Inquisitive Merit Badge!

But if you're really clever, try using those criteria to correctly pick the last three artists I'm going to use, in order, from the following list. If you can do that, I'll give you a Foresight Merit Badge!

ARTIST OPTIONS:

Amy Winehouse
Barry White
Biggie Smalls
Dan Hartman
Donna Summer
Elvis Presley
Etta James
Jackie Wilson
James Brown
Jerry Garcia
Karen Carpenter
Kurt Cobain
Marvin Gaye
Muddy Waters
Ray Charles
Richie Valens
Ricky Nelson
Robert Palmer
Roy Orbison
Selena
Waylon Jennings
Whitney Houston

NOTE: Each person can only win one badge. So even if you email me both criteria and correctly identify the 15th, 16th, and 17th artists on my list, you'll only be eligible for one Merit Badge. Feel free to tell me your preference of badge in that case, or I'll choose one for you. *Smile*

I'll post the correct answers - and the badge winners - by the end of the activity. And you can find all of my entries here in my blog:

BOOK
Blogocentric Formulations  (18+)
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1399999 by Jeff

Good luck, Soundtrackers! It's been a great month! *Bigsmile*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
A Merit Badge Challenge! · 10-13-14 1:37am
by Jeff
Re: A Merit Badge Challenge! · 10-13-14 1:06pm
by Jeff
Re: Re: A Merit Badge Challenge! · 10-13-14 1:28pm
by Jeff
Re: A Merit Badge Challenge! · 10-13-14 9:40pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jeff.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2747348