SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3161161
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 4, 2018 at 6:30pm
My Introduction
Part of me (my ego) doesn't want to write this introduction, and part of me (my soul) wants to write a long, detailed introduction. Therefore, I'm going to compromise, and write a semi in-depth introduction that covers (what I think) are the essential. This introductory paragraph ought to tell you something about me, besides explaining why I have issues with procrastination.

I am afflicted with Maladaptive Daydreaming. Most of my life, I have tended to withdraw into my own fantasy world when life in the real world got too stressful. This problem has interfered with my success in everything I do. It hasn't stopped completely, but it has caused me to procrastinate. Procrastination has caused more stress, despite these issues I graduated with a Masters degree.

After I graduated with the Masters, I was forced to get out of the workforce because my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. Right after my mother died, my health went downhill. I have not been able to get back into the workforce since. Today, I am collecting Social Security and other government benefits that keep me from starving and being homeless.

I suspect, all though I haven't discussed this with a psychologist, that the MD is caused by traumas I suffered either as a child, or in my teenage years. I was sexually abused from the time I was in Junior High (middle school) until I graduated from high school. Those are the years when the MD became worse, and it has caused me issues off-and-on ever since. I have never completely stopped, but it has been decreasing. I can now go several hours or days without the an episode.

The MD episodes began to decrease when I declared my faith in Baha'u'llah. The episodes aren't as bad, and they are shorter when I pray and mediate on the sacred scriptures. In addition, writing helps because when I focus on composing a story, poem, or blog entry, I have no desire to withdraw into my fantasy world.

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
This was a gift

Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 12   Public Reviewer  for the month of  July 2005 . For more details, please see  [Link To Item #614925] . Merit Badge in Creativity
[Click For More Info]

When I read this piece through, I easily realized how much thought went into this. Your insight of the times through the use of the alphabet was so neat and enjoyable to read.

This signiture was a gift.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My Introduction · 02-04-18 6:30pm
by Prosperous Snow celebrating
Re: My Introduction · 02-04-18 8:38pm
by Warped Sanity
Re: My Introduction · 02-04-18 8:59pm
by Charlie ~
Re: My Introduction · 02-05-18 11:22am
by Jayne
Re: Re: My Introduction · 02-06-18 2:39pm
by Shh...whisper, MHWAmember
Re: Re: Re: My Introduction · 02-07-18 9:34pm
by Sally
Re: My Introduction · 02-15-18 8:34am
by Whata SpoonStealer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3161161