*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3528448
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 21, 2022 at 11:19pm
Contest Entry Assignment - The Setting Description
Hi everyone! I hope the prepping is going well and that you are remembering to keep logging your assignments before the 72 hour mark.

We have made it to another weekend and the third of OctoPrep’s contest rounds. The Setting Description.

Remember that you can include the physical aspects of the setting, as well as the cultural components. Give the setting dimension so that it lets us experience it in full sensory mode. What can we see? What can we hear? What can we smell? What can we taste? What can we feel? (physical touch and emotional). Immerse us in your setting.

You may not get all the sensory aspects – taste is tricky, but you should at least consider the possibilities.

Oct. 22: - "Setting: CONTEST ROUND: Setting Description" â–Ľ
Describe a setting in words. Use all five senses and make your reader experience the setting as if he or she were there.

*Contest Round entries may be any rating. Submit your ITEM or ENTRY number by 1200 noon WDC time on Sunday to compete. WDC time is New York City time and can be found at the top of the IM Console. If you miss this deadline or choose not to compete, you must still log the assignment complete (without linking your work) for the grand prize, per the standard Prep guidelines.

I forgot to post my entry to the contest last week, but I still posted it in the Assignment Log.

Good luck with your entry. Remember this is about getting to know the setting. Making it come alive for you so that you can really see and experience it for yourself. You need to know the place your characters inhabit. The more real it seems, the more more authentic it will become.

How to write setting effectively. I thought this was a juicy wee morsel you might enjoy.

Another wee reminder on how to enter the contest rounds. Remember to know your {b-item:XXXXXX} or your {entry:XXXXXX}
"IMPORTANT: How to compete in a Contest Round"  

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!

My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Contest Entry Assignment - The Setting Description · 10-21-22 11:19pm
by đź’™ Carly
Re: Contest Entry Assignment - The Setting Description · 10-22-22 2:55am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: Re: Contest Entry Assignment - The Setting Description · 10-22-22 12:25pm
by đź’™ Carly

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3528448