*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3529403
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 28, 2022 at 9:59am
Edited: October 28, 2022 at 11:17am
Day 28: Protagonist Interview
Hi, I'm Anika Puetabon, Intergalactic News, and i'm here with Storm Machine to talk about the Prepping process.

No, you're here to show how we interview characters.

That's not as fun as my way. I interview all the characters! We've been doing this together for 15 years!

Right. But I'm not a character, and we're just here to explain what you do.

Fine. Once a newsie, always a newsie. I am here to uncover the dirt about what changed the character through the novel. I ask deep questions, I hear their feelings, and I report on it all through Intergalactic News.

... Anyway, that's Anika. She does try to ask deep questions and get to the bottom of how my characters feel about the book once it is over. Whether you have a dedicated reporter or you do it yourself, don't let these characters skim by with just saying it's all right or at least it's over and I refuse to talk about it. Make them squirm. Try to find anything you might have missed through your prep session with this interview. Don't be afraid to go back and adjust your Prep information if you find something new. That's one reason we're flexible with the Prep. You may need that extra day to confirm a new entity or to change a decision that was made earlier in the book process.

Good Luck. We're coming to the end and more winners are rolling in. You'll hear from me once more on NaNo Eve (also known as Halloween). I know you've got this. I hope those runners-up know there's still a prize waiting for them at the end even if they exceeded the 72 hour rule but still finish. As always, I'm cheering y'all on from the cheap seats.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Day 28: Protagonist Interview · 10-28-22 9:59am
by Storm Machine
Re: Day 28: Protagonist Interview · 10-28-22 12:26pm
by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3529403