*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1011349
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #660949
Competition: Each fortnight new prompts for a short story + 10,000 GPs/Awardicon available
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 30, 2005 at 7:50pm
New Prompts for Next Round!!!
Prompts for 1/31/05 to 2/13/05

1. I stood and looked at the motionless body of my friend lying in the casket. I didn’t like funeral homes. I never seemed to know what to say. A woman next to me spoke. “He looks so peaceful., doesn’t he?” I turned my head and stared at her. A voice in my head said, “Peaceful? He ought to, lady; for Christ’s sake, he’s dead!” But all I managed was a smile. With one last look at my friend I turned and headed for the door. Turning my collar up against the bitter cold wind, I got on with the search for his killer.

2. “There are two certainties in your life; your birth and your death,” shouted the Jumpmaster above the roar of the plane engines.

“ Let’s just hope one isn’t too close to the other,” I whispered as I tumbled from the plane.

3. The hot sun felt good on her skin. She had waited a long time for this vacation. She stared out at the peaceful lake while applying the sun block to her legs. She wished her husband were here to put some on her back. Why was work so all fired important she wondered?

4. The children’s laughter echoed from the halls. Bill smiled to himself as he heard them gleefully playing and running from room to room. No house should be without a child’s laughter, he thought.

How do you feel about your writing?  (E)
Do you and your readers agree/disagree on your best stories?
#795405 by Rasputin

Pick Your Prompt  (18+)
Do you like to write to prompts?Have a prompt contest? This is the place for you.
#819961 by Rasputin

Sig made for me by Melissa
Rasputin fishing

~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
New Prompts for Next Round!!! · 01-30-05 7:50pm
by Rasputin

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rasputin.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1011349