*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1075797
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #939896
Have something that just makes you mad? Well, here's the place to complain about it!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 25, 2005 at 10:20am
Angry phone calls
It's that time of year, I guess. Students are taking summer classes at other Universities, and they want to transfer credits here to BU.

A student's father called me first thing Monday morning, and proceeded to not listen to me at all and yell at me until I was ready to cry.

His daughter wants to take a course at Temple University, and the class was supposed to start on Monday, May 23. She had faxed a document to me last Monday (5-16), and the document needed to be signed by my boss and faxed to her father's business. I talked to her on the phone last week, and I explained to her that my boss wouldn't be in his office until Monday (5-23). She seemed okay with that. She then called me on Monday to see if Dr. Batory was in. I told her that he was, so I would have him sign the form, and I would fax the form to her father. I was really busy with other things, so I didn't fax it right away.

About 20 minutes after I got off the phone with the student, her father called me and said, "Do I have to start trouble here?" He proceeded to threaten to call the president's office if I didn't fax the form right away. He said that his daughter had been waiting 2 weeks for me to fax the form. I told him that it hadn't been 2 weeks, but he didn't believe me (big surprise, huh?) I said to him, "Please don't yell at me." But of course, he kept yelling. I had to "give him my word" that I would fax the form as soon as I got off the phone with him. After I hung up the phone, I was shaking and I felt like crying.

Students always wait until the last minute, and then they expect me to drop everything to help them! It's not my fault that my boss wasn't in the office all week. There are no classes right now, so they aren't required to be here. There was no way that I was going to forge my boss's signature. It's not like I was sitting here twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do! I'm so freakin' busy lately, my head is going to explode.

And I hate when parents call! Technically, I'm not allowed to tell parents anything about their son or daughter (due to the Privacy Act). They should take care of their own business! When I was in college, my parents didn't do anything for me. I was an adult, and if I was going to college, then I had to take care of my own stuff. Mommy and Daddy can't hold your hand forever! You have to learn responsibility! And for the love of cake, don't wait until the last minute to do everything!

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeop0zn/index.html
Your connection to the Central PA music scene.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Angry phone calls · 05-25-05 10:20am
by poisonivy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, poisonivy.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1075797