*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1099264
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #939896
Have something that just makes you mad? Well, here's the place to complain about it!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 12, 2005 at 7:25pm
ATM machines at the supermarket
I could rant every day about this one. I'm in management in a grocery store and the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else is people who don't know how to use the ATM machine at the register.

First off, there's a little picture and everything that shows you where and how to slide your card. I hate it when I have to tell you over and over, "No, turn it the other way. No, the other other way."

Then it clearly says, "Thank you, now select a payment type." And everyone just stands there looking dumbly at the machine. Then you ask me, "Uh, what do I put?" And I'll ask, all sugary, "What kind of card did you slide?" and you'll say "ATM," and I"ll say, "Then push the button that says 'ATM'." Argh! I want to say, "Push that button that says 'I'm a complete freaking moron!'" Then they enter their PIN code but hit the yes button instead of the enter button when it clearly says "input PIN code and press enter."

Then when they're supposed to verify the amount, they're supposed to hit "yes" and then they want to hit "no" which starts it all over, or they hit "enter" which does nothing.

Then when they finally get it right, they realize how stupid they look and how they've been holding up the line, and they'll laugh weakly and say, "Oh, these machines are all so different!" to which I'll respond, "Yeah, but they walk you through it, step-by-step." If anyone's realized what a bitch I'm being, they've never called me on it.

So the lesson for today, kids, don't start just pushing buttons at the ATM at the register. Take your time, and READ, for crissakes!

There. I feel a little better. Now off to work where more people will screw up at the ATM.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
ATM machines at the supermarket · 07-12-05 7:25pm
by Susannah Deschain
Re: ATM machines at the supermarket · 07-13-05 9:08am
by spidey
Re: Re: ATM machines at the supermarket · 08-23-05 6:34am
by Susannah Deschain
Re: Re: Re: ATM machines at the supermarket · 08-23-05 7:35am
by spidey
Re: ATM machines at the supermarket · 07-13-05 9:11am
by poisonivy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, poisonivy.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1099264