Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1225577
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Erotica · #1013159
What's Up With...?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 13, 2006 at 2:02pm
Re: weight gain / shrinking
by sith
Actually, I think there are only about 3 types of interactive stories on writing.com: shrinking stories, the weight gain thing and Harry Potter. While I don´t really like Harry Potter and despise weight gain interactives, I have to admit that I somehow like the shrinking stories. And I hereby have to defend them. They´re not always the same. Sure, sometimes, they are poorly written and deal with disgusting sexual themes that absolutely don´t fit into the story whatsoever, especially if it´s based on a popular comic book, video game or anime-series. Such themes like masturbation absolutely do not belong into such stories, as they destroy the overall story arc and mostly don´t stay true to the original characters (from the game, i.e.). It´s just gross to me, though. I think that there really are giantess/shrinking stories that nicely stand out of this bad writing/overuse of sexual themes mish-mash. Some GTS stories are absolutely clean, are clevery written, witty, funny, dramatic and even romantic. I myself try to accomplish that, with a: leaving the unnecessary sexual stuff out, b: trying to stay to true to the characters (if based on a certain story), c: trying not to kil off any character in nasty ways, d: trying to create interesting settings and e: making a giantess a gentle and adorable being, not a city stomping, people eating monster.
Also, you can do the same with vore/endosomatophilia. You don´t have to write disgusting digestion scenes and death-scenes for the characters. In fact, it´s the perfect setting for some really funny stuff, and even some romantic themes (it is possible, yes. Romantic in an innocent way, of course). It has been done a lot in some cartoons, so why shouldn´t it work here? A "Fantastic Voyage" or "Innerspace" based setting, only a bit more humorous and less realistic.
So, I just want to say that not all GTS stories are all the same. They don´t have to be meaninglessly nasty or simply brainless.
MESSAGE THREAD
weight gain / shrinking · 12-22-05 9:03pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: weight gain / shrinking · 02-13-06 2:02pm
by sith
Re: weight gain / shrinking · 03-27-06 1:19am
by Benway69

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Angelus Arelius.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1225577