SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1335142
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1128205
contest for home schoolers, teachers, or anyone with writing activity ideas
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 25, 2006 at 1:27pm
Fairy Tale Newscast
I think this is something that all grade levels can do with adjusting by the teacher. Since I am a high school teacher, I can't advise how with any authority. However, you are teachers. You know what to do. If you do not want the students to perform with a set, try putting on a radio show where they do not have to dress up.

**Objective: To create a newscast using short pieces about fairy tales.

The students will write, direct, and perform a fifteen minute news cast complete with a set and costumes they have designed.

**Springboard for writing:
You are a reporter for a television station and have to plan a report for tonight’s news on an event from a fairy tale.

Think about the questions below to plan what you are going to say.

Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Why?
What are the fairy tale character’s feelings?
What are the reporter’s (that’s you) feelings?

Write a 30 to 60 second TV or interview for the newscast. That is roughly 55-110 words. Include your word count at the end of your story.

**Examples of "news stories": (These were written by my ninth graders.)
The impossible has happened, folks. The Big Bad Wolf is out of the loop! He has lost the ability to blow due to his heavy smoking. He reports that the smoking habit developed from stress he suffered at not being able to blow down Third Piggies’ house. Captain Hook will be up later with the weather and Peter Pan has the sports.

Everyone is searching the fields and woods over at Mary’s farm. It seems her little lamb has been missing since yesterday. If you have any information, please call 1-800-lost-lamb. Where in the world could this little lamb be?

** Image ID #1065784 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1022632 Unavailable **
~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Fairy Tale Newscast · 07-25-06 1:27pm
by Rixfarmgirl
Re: Fairy Tale Newscast · 08-09-06 5:27pm
by Lobelia is truly blessed

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Lobelia is truly blessed.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1335142