*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1339936
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1128205
contest for home schoolers, teachers, or anyone with writing activity ideas
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 31, 2006 at 6:26pm
You said to post it, but I already have one in the contest.
know most of you teach lower than high school and you may not be able to use this plan, but it was such a wonderful success with the students, the families, and the curriculum committee, I thought I would share it with you. I am sure you can find ways of using part of it. I hope so anyway.

**Because I Love You ( One of my boys balked at writing letters to people because he loved them, I came up with an alternate title for him. Because I Think You're Swell.

**When you finish this assignment, you will have written 10 heartwarming letters to ten different people. Each letter will be accompanied by either an 8x10 picture of the person to whom you are writing or a page of several photos with the person you are writing to. This page of several photos might include pictures of things that person cared about. Who should you write? A brother, a sister, mother, dad, step-parent, good friend, aunt, grandmother, teacher, Your future child/children, future spouse, preacher, famous person or average person who has influenced you in some positive way.

Your booklet will have the following pages:
Title Page
Table of Contents
Introduction by You
Letter #1
Picture #1
Letter #2
Picture #2
Letter #3
Picture #3
Letter #4
Picture #4
Letter #5
Picture #5
Letter #6
Picture #6
And so on through Letter and Picture #10

**Your letters should follow the friendly letter model. That is it should look like this:

Date

Dear ________,

Closing,

Your Signature

**What is the letter about? You are a senior this year and your adult life will start next year. This letter is to tell these people what they mean to you, what they have meant to you over the years, and how you will remember them. You may want to mention some experiences from both your lives to recall &/or comment on.

**How long should the letter be? This is difficult to answer, but I would say at least a typed page with 1-inch margins top and bottom and 1.5-inch margins left and right. Let’s say a minimum of 200 words. That means 200 words in the body and does not count the date, the salutation, the closing or the signature. Each letter should be signed in ink, not on the computer.

**What if I don’t have a picture that is big enough to use? That is ok. We can blow one up on the copier.

**What details will you check my letter for?
Form
Indented paragraphs
Punctuation
Capitalization
Spelling
Sincerity
Sentence structure

**What will my Booklet as a whole be graded on? Neatness, color, and creativity. Also, the front and back cover should be hard covered. You should have attractive, colorful, intriguing front cover.

**Can my letters be longer? Yes

**Can I have more than one page of pictures to go with a letter? Yes

**Which do I put first, the letter or the pictures? I don’t care, but you should have a two page spread. Don’t put the letter on one side and the pictures on the back side of the letter.

** Image ID #1065784 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1022632 Unavailable **
~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
You said to post it, but I already have one in the contest. · 07-31-06 6:26pm
by Rixfarmgirl
Re: multiple submissions · 07-31-06 9:39pm
by Lobelia is truly blessed
Re: said to post it, but I already have one in the contest. · 08-09-06 5:19pm
by Lobelia is truly blessed

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Lobelia is truly blessed.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1339936