*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1347281
by Wizzo
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Comedy · #1119549
Wizzo may be the least helpful person on Earth, but he takes questions anyway. (Comedy.)
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 11, 2006 at 6:13am
Re: hmmmmm???
by Wizzo
Response:

This answer is incredibly scientific, so don't worry if you don't follow it all. I had to reach deep within my physics and geology knowledge to come up with an answer, and an answer I have:

High-pitched sounds erode your brain.

To better explain this answer, we must look at a few analogies for your brain.

First, as you likely know, great canyons and gorges in the Earth are caused by water running over the land. This is even how the Grand Canyon was formed. The water, moving against the ground (even solid rock) caused great holes and trenches to form.

Second, we must look at what sound is. It is, essentially, waves. Waves which travel at different frequencies and wavelengths, but are essentially just waves.

Waves, like... Water!

That's right. Sound waves erode your brain in just the same manner as water erodes the Earth. (Next time someone tells you that you don't know what kind of trouble the planet is in, you can now tell them otherwise.)

So, the more sound you hear, the less brain you're going to have. Intact, anyway. The parts that fall off are likely still rattling around in there. Consider it extra padding for when you eventually have so little brain left that you're running headfirst into walls and sumo wrestlers.

...Not that I wouldn't recommend going to band camp anyway. Most sex-related stories I hear begin with, "this one time at band camp," after all.
MESSAGE THREAD
hmmmmm??? · 08-09-06 10:46pm
by Giggles
*Star* Re: hmmmmm??? · 08-11-06 6:13am
by Wizzo

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Wizzo.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1347281